peak oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an oil i havent read much about here on bitog. what can you tell me about this oil? Up here in Toronto our local auto partsstore canadian tire has it on sale.i guess it didnt sell well so soon they may be clearing it out and when it does I will grab a couple when it hits the clearence isle, (skid row). I figure it would look good next to my 25L vwb and my 35L vHm fullsyn, ay of you guys use this stuff?

Ive used Peak 5w-30 in a family members car , no problems whatsoever. As far as I can tell its a good quality oil at a good price. It is API certified so it meets spec. I do know that it is a little on the thin side at least in the 5w-30 grade. If you can get it for a good deal use it with confidence.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

I've used it before with good results.

what were the good results? no bad results...
i need to know too, oriely's has a deal on peak right now
smile.gif

I've used it recently, it uses sodium as an additive. I thought I might have a coolant leak and the additive makes it harder to determine if that is the case with a UOA. Otherwise it's fine.

I used 5W30 in LS400 and 10W30 in S2000. It is a little thinner than Havoline and Chevron of the same grade and my cars had no problem with it. I would use it again if I can buy it on sale with some rebates, I got it FAR a couple years ago from Pep Boys.

Using Peak in two vehicles right now.

I'm on my second fill of dino 5W-30 in my 3.1 Chevy Lumina.

It seems to be good stuff.

The Luminia runs a little quieter with the Peak.

Rumor is that Peak motor oil is produced and bottled by Warren. Its cheap, and might be very similar to the walmart supertech product. It meets api spec, I would use it with confidence in many applications.

We purchaced/Free after rebate, 30qts of PEAK 5W30 and 6 ProLine filters at PebBoys in Sept '09 and have been using it in my daughters '06 Mazda3 2.0L(which requires 5W20). Works fine! Quiet/smooth and good MPG.

After paying for the oil/filter + tax and then postage for the rebate, once recriving our money back(rebate$) each 5qt OCI w/Filter was a dollar
smile.gif

Actually, $1.02

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back