Particles of sludge on dipstick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use some Purple power or equivalent engine degreeser to remove the sludge from inside your engine. I've done this before and leaves engines looking brand spanking new when doin this, just make sure you remove your oil pan and give it a good clean too.
Just to clearify engine off, valve covers off as well as oil pan, get a spray bottle and use 100% concentrated solution and spray away at the valvetrain, and watch the years of sludge wash away. After this process use brake cleaner and spray what ever the degreeser touched, wait and see it dry or blow dry it. Get a bottle of motor oil and wet every thing inside the head with oil and done. Put your old clean oil pan and valve cover and done. No more dirty looking oil.

Originally Posted by Newman88
Use some Purple power or equivalent engine degreeser to remove the sludge from inside your engine. I've done this before and leaves engines looking brand spanking new when doin this, just make sure you remove your oil pan and give it a good clean too.
Just to clearify engine off, valve covers off as well as oil pan, get a spray bottle and use 100% concentrated solution and spray away at the valvetrain, and watch the years of sludge wash away. After this process use brake cleaner and spray what ever the degreeser touched, wait and see it dry or blow dry it. Get a bottle of motor oil and wet every thing inside the head with oil and done. Put your old clean oil pan and valve cover and done. No more dirty looking oil.

Is it safe for aluminum parts? Thought about teri g this but never have. Thanks for the info

As long as it dont sit too long you should be good, and by long I mean over 1 hr. If you do it like I mention, you will see that as soon as it makes contact it starts washing all that varnish and gunk, as long as there is pressure like from a spray bottle.

I also suggest running a name brand synthetic oil in the spec grade 10w40 with shorter intervals, 3000 miles sounds about right. Use a standard filter every time or run a premium filter for 2 intervals. It sounds like it's running good and there isn't any need to rush the cleanup at all, so just drive it like you normally would and service the oil more often, simple as that. Trying to clean and engine in a hurry can cause problems. Take it slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back