Our VW dealer finally has a 2022 Jetta in stock

That window tint must be magical dye tint that has the performance of the best ceramic tint.

The exterior and interior protection... is that "Perma-plate"?
I don’t remember the brand of “protection”. I assume they charge you for it but do NOTHING! It’s invisible…how would you know?

I don’t remember the brand of “protection”. I assume they charge you for it but do NOTHING! It’s invisible…how would you know?
They definitely apply it. It's dummy proof and if they actually do it then it's not fraud.

I had one on my Tiguan. Never had issues. The standard sunroof on my Golf leaked more.
I mean that's good, but I still avoid them whenever possible. Seen enough wet roofs and pillars.

Sheet metal doesn't leak. Unless it's a Honda and they miss the seam sealer. 🤣

I mean that's good, but I still avoid them whenever possible. Seen enough wet roofs and pillars.

Sheet metal doesn't leak. Unless it's a Honda and they miss the seam sealer. 🤣
Like the rest of the car, it's called maintenance. Sometimes you need to service the drain lines to clear debris blocking the flow of water in the hoses. The hose end design doesn't help either.

Like the rest of the car, it's called maintenance. Sometimes you need to service the drain lines to clear debris blocking the flow of water in the hoses. The hose end design doesn't help either.
Yeah and sometimes the drain tubes just come apart in the pillars or the pano slides break or the seals don't seal.

It's not just "maintenance," it's a crappy roof. It's the worst on the MK5/MK6 SW, Touareg, and Cayenne, but they all have issues sooner or later.

Yeah and sometimes the drain tubes just come apart in the pillars or the pano slides break or the seals don't seal.

It's not just "maintenance," it's a crappy roof. It's the worst on the MK5/MK6 SW, Touareg, and Cayenne, but they all have issues sooner or later.
The panoramic sunroof on the MK7 and up GTI and Jetta sedans are a different design. They are a single pane glass sunroof, that happens to have a larger glass opening.

I've had plenty of VWs and never had a roof leak but when I bought the 2020 Cross Sport SE it didn't have the pano roof and in the back of my mind it was a plus.

I love me some VW but you can keep the pano roof. If I could pay extra to only have slick-top cars for the rest of my life I gladly would.
Not on board with paying extra, it should just be an option. Would have loved other features the SE Jetta offers but rolling in the pano roof was a deal breaker for us. S it is!

Wife hates sunroofs, I’m ambivalent, but mine only had to leak a couple of times for me to not want another one. Nice idea though.

Right now it's cheaper to hold out and maintain what we have. Buy a new car and the taxes alone are enough to shorten the urge to buy. When my grandparents lived in Turkey and Cyprus the watched as people always fixed their automobile vs buying new. They don't throw away like we do today. The best car is paid off. Give it a year or two and hopefully some normal behaviour will come back in the car industry. Me myself wishing to see a Honda Accord Type R but it's merely only a happy thought I suppose.

Every state is different. Kansas has a personal property tax assessed every year based on the current market value of the car. Here in Pennsylvania, there is no annual tax on tangible personal property [houses and real estate are taxed, of course.] When you buy a car you pay sales tax once and that is it. Then every year it is ~$50 to renew the vehicle registration. When you trade one car for another, the tax liability is reduced by the amount of the trade in. If you buy a $40,000 car and you are given $15,000 for your trade, you pay sales tax only on the $25,000 difference. So taxes aren't really a factor here for influencing car purchases. If we had personal property taxes, I would imagine people wouldn't trade as frequently as they do here.

I love me some VW but you can keep the pano roof. If I could pay extra to only have slick-top cars for the rest of my life I gladly would.
I got so pissed off with a leaking VW sunroof I spent a week cutting the roof and welding a new (used panel) roof sans hole on. End of wet carpets, wet seats, water dripping on my friggin head. Give me sunroof delete and charge me more for it any day.

I got so pissed off with a leaking VW sunroof I spent a week cutting the roof and welding a new (used panel) roof sans hole on. End of wet carpets, wet seats, water dripping on my friggin head. Give me sunroof delete and charge me more for it any day.
I’ve had 2 Hondas with sunroofs, one nearly 20 years old and never a leak. It’s more common with VW I am afraid.

I think whoever makes the roofs is to blame. The BMW pano roofs are junk too.

I like the roof on the CC.
Auto makers also have a say in how the roof is designed, and what materials are used. We can't place all blame on the roof manufacturer.

Idk that leaking sunroofs are much of a problem here, never heard of it. It hardly ever rains. Which I guess means the drains stay dry and don't accumulate junk in there. Have personally had 3 cars with sunroofs. I hate them though.

The Grand Cherokee has a panoramic sunroof, I opened it for the first time in at least 2 years the other day. Was sick of it already after 30 seconds and closed it, possibly for the last time.

I’ve had 2 Hondas with sunroofs, one nearly 20 years old and never a leak. It’s more common with VW I am afraid.
Its real common, the one on my old W123 was a manual crank metal job made by Webasto and it was never any trouble, the ones in some of the VW don't have a very good sealing system when new, it is a poor design and when they do start leaking its a real leak not just a drip inside the car.

Like was said earlier, I'd pay more to get one without a sunroof. It's unfortunate that some of the other options I might like instead are often paired with the sunroof.
Thats the way it works, no chance of getting an otherwise loaded car with no hole in it. It sucks, when I bought my M35X new I bought it with everything inc the power sun shades on the rear window but it had hole. I never opened it, not once. I couldn't tell you if it even worked or not.

VW is finally starting to release the 2022 model Jettas. I've been periodically checking our local dealer and they have one SE in stock....for $27,000!!!! Crazy times. When we were in the market the SE (mid level) was going for $24K. Imagine paying $27K for a mid trim Jetta. Love them, good cars, but $27K is hard to stomach.
No value whatsoever there. I think my 2019 S was $17K out the door before trade but I leased it instead.

Our Subaru dealer has a new Crosstrek listed at the MSRP of 25K. Going to check it out this afternoon.
My Wife hates her new Outback its too big of a "motherlady" or "uncle joe" car for her. And she absolutely hates the HVAC on screen controls. She owes 21K on the Outback with about 17K miles on it,. The KBB Trade value is 29K. even if they gave her 24K against the MSRP of the Crosstrek that would be a decent enough deal for her.

Back