Our VW dealer finally has a 2022 Jetta in stock

VW is finally starting to release the 2022 model Jettas. I've been periodically checking our local dealer and they have one SE in stock....for $27,000!!!! Crazy times. When we were in the market the SE (mid level) was going for $24K. Imagine paying $27K for a mid trim Jetta. Love them, good cars, but $27K is hard to stomach.

That's not too bad actually. That's $22k in 2015 dollars. Besides how does it compare (feature, hp etc) to previous years Jetta? Is this a new model?

We were looking at a BMW 2-series this past weekend and we came in at around $45k. The car is about the same size and price as it was in 2011 as the BMW 3-series coupe (E92) and offers more features, similar performance and better mpgs.

The vehicle is actually cheaper once adjusted for inflation.

The SE is still $24k.

That sounds more like it. I bought my S fresh off the truck in Sept 21 it was 21k I was able to get 1k off and the SE's were like 24 to 25 depending on options. I imagine 22s went up a bit but that sounds like some dealer padding going on to get to 27k.

That sounds more like it. I bought my S fresh off the truck in Sept 21 it was 21k I was able to get 1k off and the SE's were like 24 to 25 depending on options. I imagine 22s went up a bit but that sounds like some dealer padding going on to get to 27k.
I think the S is still $20k + destination

SE with Panoramic Sunroof option pushes it to $26,035,

so, it's not hard for the dealership to tack on some add-ons, or the port tacking on some add-ons, like "protection package", and other crap.

Right now it's cheaper to hold out and maintain what we have. Buy a new car and the taxes alone are enough to shorten the urge to buy. When my grandparents lived in Turkey and Cyprus the watched as people always fixed their automobile vs buying new. They don't throw away like we do today. The best car is paid off. Give it a year or two and hopefully some normal behaviour will come back in the car industry. Me myself wishing to see a Honda Accord Type R but it's merely only a happy thought I suppose.

Right now it's cheaper to hold out and maintain what we have. Buy a new car and the taxes alone are enough to shorten the urge to buy. When my grandparents lived in Turkey and Cyprus the watched as people always fixed their automobile vs buying new. They don't throw away like we do today. The best car is paid off. Give it a year or two and hopefully some normal behaviour will come back in the car industry. Me myself wishing to see a Honda Accord Type R but it's merely only a happy thought I suppose.
Its also a great time for trade in value and that can negate most of the New car sales tax (in ohio anyway YMMV)

For example i'm looking at a 27k~~ trade in on a 35k car. I am overpaying on the car.. but they are also +5k on the trade as well.. so I'd say in my circumstance if I can actually find the car I want to buy.. its not too bad.

For people without a trade in.. terrible time. to buy.

For people buying certain cars such as a jeep cherokee it can be bad. I paid 28.5k on a 38k+ msrp.. if I was buying another one at msrp that would be terrible.. or a ram truck that was going for 13500 off msrp that is now a couple thousand off.

Our dealer has a nice GTI…But Sticker plus $900 window tint and $900 exterior “protection“ and $900 “interior protection“.
Its a pass for me.
That window tint must be magical dye tint that has the performance of the best ceramic tint.

The exterior and interior protection... is that "Perma-plate"?

Back