opinion of carquest full synethic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your engine is going to blow! You must've taken advantage of the monthly AAP deal for $19.99. Just kidding, it's fine oil to run.

It's Wolf's Head. Nothing wrong with it at all
smile.gif

It is made by Amalie oil company located in Tampa Florida. The bottle of the Carquest Full Synthetic oil will have a AOC marking on it.

I always assumed it was the same as Napa synthetic, a watered down Valvoline. No?

And then the great debate becomes...is it watered down? Why would they go through the trouble of making a different formula, wouldn't that actually cost more? And be more of a pain for them? And the. The question becomes, why doesn't Valvolone use moly and boron, instead relying on sodium as its major additive?

Last edited:
Probably the same as the Amalie-Produced Wolf's Head Syn Pack that I run in my Buick Verano with a 2.4 Ecotec. I plan on doing a UOA eventually.

As I've said before; Ashland doesn't use Moly cause they have additives that do same job for way less $$$ according to to technical people at Ashland. Robo339 uses NAPA conventional I believe without issue and a member from Ohio that builds engines uses it. What's the beef against NAPA/Valvoline? So what if it's not "the darling or fanboy" of BITOG. IT GETS THE JOB DONE!

Originally Posted By: car51
As I've said before; Ashland doesn't use Moly cause they have additives that do same job for way less $$$ according to to technical people at Ashland. Robo339 uses NAPA conventional I believe without issue and a member from Ohio that builds engines uses it. What's the beef against NAPA/Valvoline? So what if it's not "the darling or fanboy" of BITOG. IT GETS THE JOB DONE!

I do use alot of the stuff lol

I run it in my wife's 2012 4cyl Equinox because it burns oil like many do, and I get it cheap through work since they're our primary supplier. I think it's something under $3/qt.

I do have a sample I'm waiting to send off, it was run for almost 7k miles IIRC, down to 5% on the OLM with 2 qts of make up oil needed over that time. It's Dexos rated so should be fine... But I'm currently running Castrol 0W40(I know it's not Dexos spec)... Waiting for that to finish up then will send both off at once. I'm curious to see if there are any signs one is potentially better than the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back