Only 3 out 4 tires were delivered from Walmart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered 4 tires from Walmart.com, to be sent to my local Walmart Auto Center for installation. The scheduled delivery date was Monday, but only 3 tires arrived. According to UPS tracking, the last one is stuck on "Departure Scan" at the local distribution center. No delivery date is listed now. I called Walmart.com customer support and got conflicting info. The lady said the last tire may have arrived but hasn't been scanned in at the store. Then, she checked the tracking info and said t should be delivered today. Well, today's done and nothing was delivered. I then called UPS and they said delivery is set for tomorrow. I really hope they're right.

Besides this time, I usually have had good luck with getting packages on time. You'd think 4 tires that're a part of the same order, going to the same place would get delivered together.

I'm just eager to get my new rubber installed. It's already been over 10 days since I placed the order.

My Wal-Mart Auto Center lost my tire I ordered. Took them 20 minutes to find it. Never saw a tire place so disorganized.

Any company involved in shipping/delivery will get a bit screwy this time of year.

Yes, it is frustrating... but t should be anticipated and expected.

(I managed a warehouse, including the shipping department, for several years.)

It'll probably arrive tomorrow I bet if UPS stated that. I bet Walmart got the tires from a tire distributor, not their own logistics system. Sometimes a distribution center wont have all 4 tires left to fill an order and they gotta get the remaining number needed from another DC. So that is probably why that one tire is taking longer.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
Any company involved in shipping/delivery will get a bit screwy this time of year.

Yes, it is frustrating... but t should be anticipated and expected.

(I managed a warehouse, including the shipping department, for several years.)

This is my guess as well. The delivery services are already busy.

The fault is actually Walmart's for notifying you the tires were in when they weren't. A minor glitch in the computer system.

When I've ordered tires from customers they will sometimes come from different places. Once I ordered 4 tires in, one came from Dallas, one from Detroit, one from Kentucky and the last one Colorado. Apparently they where the last ones left in the country.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
When I've ordered tires from customers they will sometimes come from different places. Once I ordered 4 tires in, one came from Dallas, one from Detroit, one from Kentucky and the last one Colorado. Apparently they where the last ones left in the country.

Did you happen to look at the build dates?

Originally Posted by mclasser
You'd think 4 tires that're a part of the same order, going to the same place would get delivered together.
That's just silly to think that. The tires aren't tied together, they're (4) pieces out of 20 million that UPS delivers on a daily basis. Yes, I know that there's not 20 million packages between the origin and destination for your shipment, but there's a LOT.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04

My route driver at work was making NO pick-ups for 2-3 days as he had so many packages for delivery, it kept him occupied until after 5pm. He finally finished his deliveries and was able to get some of his pick-ups. They assigned a 2nd driver, using a rental truck, for pick-ups on his route.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta

Did you happen to look at the build dates?

No, more than likely less than a year old. We only had a few that was 2 years, and they where a very funk 13 inch size and some weird trailer tires. After 4-5 they are destroyed.

Had the same thing happen to me when I ordered a set of 4 Antares Comfort Treads from Wally for the van in my sig. Got the email that they were in. Went to pick them up and have them installed. After waiting over an hour for them to search for my tires while other people were jumping ahead of me, they were only able to find 2 from my order. Luckily someone else ordered 4 and hadn't picked them up yet, so they grabbed two from the other person's order. You really have to be willing to put up with hassle to save some money. Sometimes you can get lucky, sometimes not.

So, the last tire still didn't arrive. Talked to customer service again and they said it's safe to assume it's actually "lost in transit" now. They offered to ship a replacement but it will take another 10 days to get here. I said screw it, I'll just pick up the 3 tires that have been delivered and buy the last one from somewhere else. Went to the store to try and pick up the 3 tires, and after finally finding someone to help, they said it would be very difficult to locate the 3 tires in the back. I said, "Why?" They responded that technically, my order isn't complete without the 4th tire, so the other 3 tires haven't been "staged" yet and are lying willy-nilly in the back with hundreds of other tires
crazy2.gif

At that point, I left, canceled everything and am awaiting a full refund. Luckily, I found a site similar to Tire Rack called TiresShipped2You. They will deliver the same tires early next week for free to my doorstep, and for $50 cheaper than Walmart. I'll just find a local shop to mount & balance. Beats having to deal with Walmart. Judging by the long lines and understaffing at their Auto Center, I'd probably be there all day for the install if my order had come in any way (they don't take appointments). No thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back