Truly “amazing” Home Depot buying experience

Not surprised unfortunately, it seems to be like this across the board. Name a big box store, and the experience will be the same. Lowes, HD, Tractor Supply, Walmart, etc. Zero pride in their work, nonexistent customer service, bottom of the barrel minimum wage employees, and awful management. They can get away with it because that is the standard everywhere in order to maximize profits.
Actually they are paid more than minimum wage .

My local Home Depot is OK. I've had only a couple of home deliveries, and they were fine. Mostly I order online and pick up at the store, which is quick and easy. What I really like about them is it's very easy to return just about anything.

That said, I probably wouldn't buy anything there that will someday need parts or service, like a lawnmower, chain saw, or air compressor. IMO, it's best to deal with specialty stores for those kinds of things. I'd probably even put BBQ grilles in that category.

Actually they are paid more than minimum wage .
I just read where the average HD associate pay in March 2023 was $13.40/hr. Certainly not earth shattering, and suitable for only a second income, or for recent high school grads who can't afford college.

I just read where the average HD associate pay in March 2023 was $13.40/hr. Certainly not earth shattering, and suitable for only a second income, or for recent high school grads who can't afford college.
The Federal Minimum Wage is $7.25 / hr . Most businesses would be hard pressed to find anybody willing to work for that these days

4hrs at 180 and some delicious homemade beef jerky is ready👌
IMG_1980.jpeg

I ordered a window from HD a while back. I went to pick it up and they rolled out a broken window for me to load. Ended up taking 5 months to get a window after everything was said and done. Never again!
10 years ago my aunt and uncle had Home Despot as she calls them install new cabinets. They damaged the counter tops and flooring. It took threats of getting an attorney for them to want to fix the items that the contractors damaged.

I don't know about HD , but Lowe's went to a third party contractor for deliveries . Hit or miss at that point .
We bought a Whirlpool refrigerator from Lowe’, never again. “Next day” delivery turned into 10 days. We had to have 2 refrigerators delivered because the first one was dented. 3 service calls to get the doors properly adjusted and $700 damage to the kitchen floor. Still waiting for the check

Missed this post! What a gong show of an experience!! Glad it all worked out in the end. It looks like you are putting it to good use!

Missed this post! What a gong show of an experience!! Glad it all worked out in the end. It looks like you are putting it to good use!
Yessir. Some rib-eye action tonight. Had to slightly overcook it to satisfy the missis’s preferences (kids like it the same way I do)

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 7
My sister-in-law was a frustrated customer service manager at Home Depot for 6 years. No wonder she quit to work at Publix.

Looks good!!! That looks perfectly cooked!! With the ribs and pork shoulder, I got about 15 hours of cook time coming up. Yes you pay to play but its more than worth it. Keep us updated.

Looks good!!! That looks perfectly cooked!! With the ribs and pork shoulder, I got about 15 hours of cook time coming up. Yes you pay to play but its more than worth it. Keep us updated.
Good luck with the cook! I’ve done some ribs last week, 3-2-1 method. I know a lot of people bash Traeger but so far everything I’ve cooked turned out great.

Attachments

• IMG_2019.jpeg
    IMG_2019.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 6
Those ribs look great! Bash Traeger all you want, hasn't missed a beat in a year and continually produces.

I've made ribs a few different ways over the years but all pale in comparison to the Traeger. Keep the pics coming!

Back