Online Auction Winner...

Ever since Sig Sauer was signed on to provide their P320 pistol as the sidearm for many government agencies, they have been nearly impossible to get locally. I even called my most favorite local gun shop to see what was available.

#1 said he couldn't even get one in the foreseeable future.
#2 said even when 1 DID come available he already has a waiting list
#3 the price would not be too attractive...over $600 due to demand

I then called the other 4 firearm dealers within my area...none of them have it nor can say when they'll get them either.

So...online to search. Yep, the same scenario almost everywhere you look. I found a few NIB P320's on Gunbroker.com up for auction. One caught my eye that only had a couple hours left with only 2 bids. The auction was scheduled to end well past most people's bedtime...but I made it a priority to stay up and watch. I threw in my bid (been a member of gunbroker for a long time).

Ended up winning the dang thing. I never win anything. Came in nearly $200 less than what I would have paid locally IF anybody had one.

P320 Compact 9mm w/ 15+1 capacity (included 2 mags). Pretty solid as I expected since this is the 3rd Sig Sauer firearm in my collection. So far, I have zero complaints for this unit. It is a new contender for my cold season CCW. I have 2 holsters on the way for it already.

Locally a couple of dealers have had few P320s in stock. One had several of the P320 AXG models.
One had 4 or 5 365 models in stock.
Midway has the P320 Compact and XCompact in stock.

I wonder how the response to the "P320 Build your own" Sig Sauer web site has been.
P320 Build your own
(Shows a 4-6 week lead time for the "custom P320 Compact" options)

There were a couple "Buy it Now" options on gunbroker for around the same price as Midway's. I still got it for $100 less than that price...and that includes shipping and the transfer fee at the local FFL. I spent that $100 I saved on the pistol on 9mm ammo at the local gun shop I had it shipped to.

I haven’t got anything from an online gun auction since… Thursday.

I love them for hard to find things. I know that’s most guns now, but I’ve got a lot of things this way. I can look for a certain gun at every gunshop and gun show for years and might see two or three, but can go on Gunbroker at any moment and see a dozen.

Back