Done With Glocks

I have. Tgere is no way that my 42 and 43 suddenly started having problems after north of 5000 rounds when they never had a problem with any ammunition. The 26 was just fllat out bad from the Gitgo. My instructor (that only trains trainers) at HACC Law enforcement center pronounced it a "dud". I believe I was just lax in the area of the ejector cleaning. I will in the future have my carry pistol ultrasonically cleaned every few thousand rounds.

One other thing..If a pistol does not function when limp wristing there is a problem...IMHO. I simply don't believe that wive's tale.

Never had Glock issues, only ammo issues.

Main culprits were bulk Rem. UMC & WWB every now and then I'd get FTF. Solid strike but no go bang😞

I'd gladly accept your Glocks if you feel the need to throw them away;)

One other thing..If a pistol does not function when limp wristing there is a problem...IMHO. I simply don't believe that wive's tale.
I have intentionally "limp wristed" to see what can happened and it is simple--it will go bang and the improper grip will allow the energy to cycle the action to be "wasted" within the shooters hand and loose grip. Seems like simple physics to me...

History: Own three..42, 43, 26

First one I bought was my 42. Initially maybe 30 stovepipes after that 5000 rounds..no failures. Then and now one stovepipe out of 200 failures. Installed a new spring. No improvement.

Next my G43. Almost no failures out of 5000+ rounds. Then stovepipes and failure to eject. Replaced spring. No improvements.

G26. Stovepipes from the beginning.

All have had different ammo. Instructors have tried all three.

Conclusion: Statistically this is not enough sample size to confirm that Glocks have a general problem. I think its just a fluke that I have had problems.

My plan: Send all of them back to the factory. And then sell them to my local dealer. With all three I can buy the Sig Sauer P365. Obviously that can't happen now as they are not available for sale.
Old thread....but your new gun stovepipes. Grip? Shooting style? I cannot see lube curing a stovepipe.

I've maybe one or two stovepipes. On a Glock 20L homemade with a 22# spring............and once when a friend limpwristed one of my G20 variants with 11+ Grains of Longshot and maybe a 20# spring...........

Its not grip or shooting style. I have spent $4000 with 5 great instructors over 6 years. And yes I realize everyone says its not their grip.
And again if the fire arm does not function with limp wristing. Get rid of it.

Gunbroker or other auction your Glocks. Someone will make them work perfectly. Most likely bad ammo. Ammo can be inspected. Normal wear parts need replacing.

Guns, like cars, require cleaning, parts replacements, lubing, including the magazine. Some need a fluff/buff. Others need quality ammo.

Spending money and having great instructions doesn't mean a thing. There is a cause to the issues. Either find it or get a revolver.

My favorite guns and cars are the 'duds' that nobody wants and everyone stated were problematic. Mine weren't.

None of my 9's like 115 or less grain bullets without the +p. That means no target or generic ammo. 124gr or more is a good starting point. My 380's tend to be bullet type and OAL picky. This is why I recommend 40/45 for 1st guns. Small guns= more headaches.

As with any gun, find a good armorer or send it back to the factory for a look.

All of mine are deburred/fluffed/buffed/polished as needed, weapon and magazine. All ammo is binned by length and weight. And, no dirty ammo(obviously that is all that might be available in some areas so clean more often).

250 rounds now no problem. Mjuch limp wristing.

On a side note. I did a better 24 cent trigger job. Got down to 5.3 pounds. Actually a crisper break. I ordered a dremel type tool to do a biot more. I am good with the 5.3 but its a matter of curiosity.

Never been a fan of glocks being old (63) im more a revolver guy myself....fav Colt Diamondbacks, King Cobra's etc.
Also My Smith 4inch model 19 is a fav ive had for many years.
My carry gun is Smith chiefs special or a 2 inch Colt Diamonback .38 ......never feel "out gunned" I have a speed loader for the Smith to give me 10 rounds. and I carry stick with 6 rounds when i carry the Colt for 12 rounds.

Never been a fan of glocks being old (63) im more a revolver guy myself....fav Colt Diamondbacks, King Cobra's etc.
Also My Smith 4inch model 19 is a fav ive had for many years.
My carry gun is Smith chiefs special or a 2 inch Colt Diamonback .38 ......never feel "out gunned" I have a speed loader for the Smith to give me 10 rounds. and I carry stick with 6 rounds when i carry the Colt for 12 rounds.
Hi.
I remember as a young lad watching John Wayne in the film 'Brannigan' and longing for a Colt Diamondback. Happy days.

Hi.
I remember as a young lad watching John Wayne in the film 'Brannigan' and longing for a Colt Diamondback. Happy days.
My hero Steve McQueen used a 2 inch Diamondback in Bullitt.....so I had to have one.

Back