Older version of Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I had an unopened bottle of Auto-RX that I purchased in late 2006 or early 2007.
I just used it to run a clean phase of 1500 miles (1520 to be exact) in my new 2008 Elantra with 29K. The original owner did a lot of short trips to the train station so I wanted to clean up any possible deposits. I changed the oil on Wednesday and headed out on a 700 mile round trip to visit an upstate college with my daughter.
I now realize that I could have ran the clean phase 700 miles longer as A-RX has changed their instructions since the label was printed.
At any rate I did 700 miles in 2 days at highway speeds in the 70's (touching 80 a few times). I would think that this should be a very good way to do the rinse phase.

Did Auto-RX change their instructions because 1500 miles wasn't long enough for the cleaning phase? I'm hoping that the 1520 miles was enough for a good cleaning phase.
The slight discoloration that was on the dipstick is now gone.

PS: I used PYB for both cleaning and rinse.

they just changed it to improve results, not because it wasn't working. you are fine.

I've done 5,000 mile clean and rinse phases using the old version of Auto-Rx. It was on a car with over a 100,000 miles, and no sludge issue. I just wanted to clean things up.

I had no issue with it.

Thanks Guys.

I've always found the 'instructions' for A-RX to be confusing.

I do think A-RX is a good product that works but it is getting a bit too pricey.

06.gif
Now you've done it!

Edit: If you wonder what i am talking about just hang on to your seat it could get rough fast. LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
It's amazingly quiet in here... what the.....?

36.gif

Been there done that. Everything that could be said, pros and cons has already been said, more times than any of us care to count.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
It's amazingly quiet in here... what the.....?

36.gif

Been there done that. Everything that could be said, pros and cons has already been said, more times than any of us care to count.

Yes thats a fact. Still it doesn't stop the owner or ARX from trying to use BITOG.
Now in his ludicrous Scams-Trolls-Fraud thread he is asking fan boys to use the BITOG PM feature to direct people to his web site.

I received an email not too long ago from Auto-RX. A long time ago I used to buy Auto-RX and they still had my email address. They wanted me to become a distributor and buy several bottles of Auto-RX and try to sell it.

I stopped using Auto-RX a long time ago. Of course I did not become a distributor. Heck, I still have two bottles of the old Auto-RX that I have not used.

It's funny that so many BITOGers bash this product now.
When I first joined this site, A-RX was considered to be a great product.
I actually like the product but feel I should have ran the 'clean' phase longer than the 1520 miles that I did.

This may no tbe the right place to ask, but.. If anyone has an A-RX they no longer want, PM Me. I will put it in the trans, leave it in for ??? like 5000 miles.. ?? then do another siphon of fluid. Can't hurt.

And it's running well, but.. THIS car should get the A-RX.. the other one likely did not need it.

btw: It was Frank, a.k.a. RetiredGuy1 on here as of late, all 8 posts before he got called out and never came back, that made everyone HATE A-RX. The product itself COULD be ok, BUT the company was just as dishonest as they come. Many, many, many many many old and locked threads about it.

IMHO, I'd use it in a tranny.. not oil. Though I put it in oil once, too.
21.gif
- again, likely did not need.

When I first came to this website Auto-RX was huge. It was hard to get a word about any other product in edgewise in the Oil Additives Section. I tried it myself and it seemed to stop a seal leak in a car I used to own so I kept buying it for a while. I say 'seemed' because all I know is the seal leak stopped after I used Auto-RX. I have no real proof other than that. But you dare not challenge the thought police here who will not permit words like 'seemed' or 'apparently.'

Nobody ever 'seemed' to provide any really convincing proof that Auto-RX actually cleaned the interior of an engine.

But what really upset me was when a guy said he was promoting Auto-RX here and claiming he was receiving product under the table. I have no way of knowing if that guy was telling the truth or not but I really did not like that.

Another thing I did not like was that it 'seemed' like some people were really promoting Auto-RX but Auto-RX was not a sponsoring product here for this website. And if people tried to discuss some other product like MMO or Kreen they were immediately jumped on.

So I moved away from Auto-RX. There did not really 'seem' to be any convincing evidence that it worked and I did not like the behavior of some of the people who promoted Auto-RX here. I personally was attacked several times and I was hardly the most anti-Auto-RX person around here. In fact I always brought up, just like I did above, that the product did 'seem' to stop a seal leak on a car I used to own.

And thought police-I will say 'seemed' or 'apparently' if I want to. If all I have is personal experience that a product seems to work but I don't have some scientific proof what else am I supposed to say?

Originally Posted By: Mystic
When I first came to this website Auto-RX was huge. It was hard to get a word about any other product in edgewise in the Oil Additives Section. I tried it myself and it seemed to stop a seal leak in a car I used to own so I kept buying it for a while. I say 'seemed' because all I know is the seal leak stopped after I used Auto-RX. I have no real proof other than that. But you dare not challenge the thought police here who will not permit words like 'seemed' or 'apparently.'

Nobody ever 'seemed' to provide any really convincing proof that Auto-RX actually cleaned the interior of an engine.

But what really upset me was when a guy said he was promoting Auto-RX here and claiming he was receiving product under the table. I have no way of knowing if that guy was telling the truth or not but I really did not like that.

Another thing I did not like was that it 'seemed' like some people were really promoting Auto-RX but Auto-RX was not a sponsoring product here for this website. And if people tried to discuss some other product like MMO or Kreen they were immediately jumped on.

So I moved away from Auto-RX. There did not really 'seem' to be any convincing evidence that it worked and I did not like the behavior of some of the people who promoted Auto-RX here. I personally was attacked several times and I was hardly the most anti-Auto-RX person around here. In fact I always brought up, just like I did above, that the product did 'seem' to stop a seal leak on a car I used to own.

And thought police-I will say 'seemed' or 'apparently' if I want to. If all I have is personal experience that a product seems to work but I don't have some scientific proof what else am I supposed to say?

Like I said before Mystic:

The search function can bring up everything there is to know, both good and bad about the product. It's all old news.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

Then you have no idea if it worked or not. Which nullifies "personal experience."

Definitive statements are so much better than sitting on the fence. Especially if it's a picket fence.

No equivocation here: It worked in the 94 and 97 Camaro. It worked in the 2004 Z4. No seems. No apparently. To borrow a phrase from another successful ARX user, "It flat out worked."

And I no longer have the records as they went with the cars. No "I apparently" or "I can't seem" to find them, they left with the cars.

The search function can bring up everything there is to know, both good and bad about the product. It's all old news.

So very old, the same old tired subject....

Just completed a 9,000 km clean with 2 bottles old RX and half bottle RX Plus. Very happy with the result. Next will be 2.5 bottles RX Plus for 12,000 kms. Already it's a different engine, after the 12,000 km run it will be interesting to see what further changes take place.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Just completed a 9,000 km clean with 2 bottles old RX and half bottle RX Plus. Very happy with the result. Next will be 2.5 bottles RX Plus for 12,000 kms. Already it's a different engine, after the 12,000 km run it will be interesting to see what further changes take place.

Just completed 5K oci with PU. Its like a different engine. I am very happy with the result, it will be interesting to see what the next 5k oci brings.
lol.gif

And the Pennzoil Ultra is cheaper than using a quality motor oil plus the Auto-RX Plus and it meets all warranty requirements. Those who demand scientific proof will be happy that it has passed engine sequence testing. The Auto-RX Plus has not undergone engine sequence testing that I am aware of.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I had an unopened bottle of Auto-RX that I purchased in late 2006 or early 2007.
I just used it to run a clean phase of 1500 miles (1520 to be exact) in my new 2008 Elantra with 29K. The original owner did a lot of short trips to the train station so I wanted to clean up any possible deposits. I changed the oil on Wednesday and headed out on a 700 mile round trip to visit an upstate college with my daughter.
I now realize that I could have ran the clean phase 700 miles longer as A-RX has changed their instructions since the label was printed.
At any rate I did 700 miles in 2 days at highway speeds in the 70's (touching 80 a few times). I would think that this should be a very good way to do the rinse phase.

Did Auto-RX change their instructions because 1500 miles wasn't long enough for the cleaning phase? I'm hoping that the 1520 miles was enough for a good cleaning phase.
The slight discoloration that was on the dipstick is now gone.

PS: I used PYB for both cleaning and rinse.

Probably works just as good as the new stuff for cleaning cast iron printing presses, which is the only thing it's good for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back