Older version of Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jfking106
Originally Posted By: pbm
I had an unopened bottle of Auto-RX that I purchased in late 2006 or early 2007.
I just used it to run a clean phase of 1500 miles (1520 to be exact) in my new 2008 Elantra with 29K. The original owner did a lot of short trips to the train station so I wanted to clean up any possible deposits. I changed the oil on Wednesday and headed out on a 700 mile round trip to visit an upstate college with my daughter.
I now realize that I could have ran the clean phase 700 miles longer as A-RX has changed their instructions since the label was printed.
At any rate I did 700 miles in 2 days at highway speeds in the 70's (touching 80 a few times). I would think that this should be a very good way to do the rinse phase.

Did Auto-RX change their instructions because 1500 miles wasn't long enough for the cleaning phase? I'm hoping that the 1520 miles was enough for a good cleaning phase.
The slight discoloration that was on the dipstick is now gone.

PS: I used PYB for both cleaning and rinse.

Probably works just as good as the new stuff for cleaning cast iron printing presses, which is the only thing it's good for.

And the late Gary Allan, or Dnewton3 would disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back