Oiled Paper Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Fram makes something, not sure if it's the same thing you'er talking about.

oiled paper? I've heard people mention a Tough Guard Air by Fram, but Fram's site does not list anything about it. When looking up my car, the site lists a part number for the TG, but no information.

Just picked one up from Wal-Mart. Looks the exact same (media and number of pleats) as the one I got from CarQuest a few months ago. The main difference is a stronger "grill" and a line of glue down the center to keep the pleats straight.

I tried to see if there was oil in it. With my Nissan OEM filter, I could lay it on a piece of paper and by morning the paper was showing signs of oil. I layed the Fram down for a bit, but did not notice any residue.

I bought a Toughgard for my 05 Subie LGT. The filter did not in any way shape or form fit the airbox. Before I returned it I double-checked the in-store catalog, and yes, I had purchased the correct filter. Apparently, FRAM is confused about which of their filters fit where.

So I went to the dealer and bot the OEM $23 filter.

My '02 Jeep GC came from the factory and specs an oiled paper filter. I have no idea who makes it for DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back