Oil Section in Chinese Sam’s Club

First time to be in a Sam’s Club store, so naturally I walked around and checked their oil galley.
Only found two brands - Castrol and M1.
Surprise to see this one on the shelf as it doesn’t carry any ACEA license. Same price as Walmart, around $33. Two flavors are provided: 0w20 and 5w30.
0w40 is also available, not in EP package. No other regular M1 oil here.
IMG_9949.jpeg

Maybe engines indeed can operate normally from a wide range of viscosity and anti-wear performance of oil…

On to the Castrol part. It seems to be a very popular brand here, most shops choose Castrol as their sponsor. I didn’t find any extended drain oil for Castrol, but they do carry ACEA approvals. Only quarter bottle available and must buy as 6-pack bundle. The label claims it having “titanium hydrodynamic protection”. Does it means Megnatic technology?
IMG_9951.jpeg

Also, Teeny tiny Techron, too small for our gas tanks lol.
IMG_9950.jpeg

Anyway a fun experience and sneak peak of how others maintaining their vehicles.

Just notice the techron bottle is 2oz and package says "recommand one dosage every tank of gas". Assume it's the same concentration as US techron, this could be a good guidance for those who want microdose PEA in daily drive!

Just notice the techron bottle is 2oz and package says "recommand one dosage every tank of gas". Assume it's the same concentration as US techron, this could be a good guidance for those who want microdose PEA in daily drive!
How many gallons or liters of fuel tank ?

Username? @TumblrDucks.
Theme of the thread? Chinese. Which makes me think of the delicious duck sauce at my favorite Chinese takeout restaurant.
So let's throw one more duck into the mix then...
Screenshot_20240424-224250~2.jpg

First time to be in a Sam’s Club store, so naturally I walked around and checked their oil galley.
Only found two brands - Castrol and M1.
Surprise to see this one on the shelf as it doesn’t carry any ACEA license. Same price as Walmart, around $33. Two flavors are provided: 0w20 and 5w30.
0w40 is also available, not in EP package. No other regular M1 oil here.
View attachment 215511
Maybe engines indeed can operate normally from a wide range of viscosity and anti-wear performance of oil…

On to the Castrol part. It seems to be a very popular brand here, most shops choose Castrol as their sponsor. I didn’t find any extended drain oil for Castrol, but they do carry ACEA approvals. Only quarter bottle available and must buy as 6-pack bundle. The label claims it having “titanium hydrodynamic protection”. Does it means Megnatic technology?
View attachment 215512
Also, Teeny tiny Techron, too small for our gas tanks lol.
View attachment 215517
Anyway a fun experience and sneak peak of how others maintaining their vehicles.
Where is all the anti theft devices like I see in various stores over here?

Back