Oil requirement for new '20 Ecoboost 2.0

@fluxer
Do you feel like you are on witness stand?
Dismissed. lol
hang in there!

I use M1 EP and it's a good oil and most likely better than MC but some people here get excited if it's not factory recommended this or that so you better check it meets the recommended spec.

I'd do 5000 OCI anyways. Is there any reason not to go M1 EP?

EP is a good oil. Some will say that 5k is a short oci for that particular product but it meets the requirements for your vehicle.

To make it easy, any major brand of SP or SN+ will run fine in that engine.

I'd do 5000 OCI anyways. Is there any reason not to go M1 EP?
What would be the reason to go with M1 ep unless it is on sale. It is not a better oil because under the best circumstances it potentially will last longer.

I don’t see anything wrong with using the Motorcraft 5W30 Synthetic Blend. Full synthetic oil can be bought at slightly higher price point. If you have a local lubricant distributor, you can probably buy oil cheaper than what Walmart sells it. I used mainly Mobil 1 original 5W30 in my 2017 Escape 2.0T and NAPA Gold 1348 filters. I have switched over to Kendall GT-1 Max because, I can get it for $3.83/Qt.

The difference in price between 5 qts. of MC and M1 is about $2, making this an easy choice, yes? Or am I missing something?

The Motorcraft has a Kv 100 of 11.1. That’s pretty stout. Another good choice is Havoline Pro DS 5W30 also has a Kv 100 of 11.1. Walmart carries the 6Qt box that makes the oil change pretty simple. Just pour off 10 Oz. and dump the rest of the box in your sump. Saving those 10 Oz. add up over time.

Yes, use what Ford specifies which is an oil that carries the SN PLUS (or now SP) license.
Thats interesting I looked all over online and actually cant find a SP certified oil besides Ford Motorcraft oil. I happened to buy a case from rockauto otherday, they carry the new SP part number oil. Up to this point I been running Supertech Syn.

Thats interesting I looked all over online and actually cant find a SP certified oil besides Ford Motorcraft oil. I happened to buy a case from rockauto otherday, they carry the new SP part number oil. Up to this point I been running Supertech Syn.
API SP licensed oil is everywhere.

Last edited:
The Motorcraft has a Kv 100 of 11.1. That’s pretty stout. Another good choice is Havoline Pro DS 5W30 also has a Kv 100 of 11.1. Walmart carries the 6Qt box that makes the oil change pretty simple. Just pour off 10 Oz. and dump the rest of the box in your sump. Saving those 10 Oz. add up over time.

Screenshot_20210109-012859_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210109-012939_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210109-013011_Chrome.jpg

I've had about 18qts worth waiting to donate or use, gifted to me. I may actually use it in both turbos in my signature for <5k mi. 😉

Last edited:
Back