Oil for new truck (17' Tacmoa) UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some forum surfing, MSDS sheets, and VOA's I've narrowed my list on the oil that will replace the factory fill
Castrol Edge Extended Performance (Gold Bottle) (I'm partial to Castrol)
M1 Extended Performance (Seen good reports about it, "million mile engine")
M1 Super Synthetic (heard that it has high PAO content, unconfirmed)
Castrol Magnatec (high capillary tension will be useful with NH winters)
Pros, cons, and more information on the oils will be much appreciated
Note: filter will most likely be a Fram Ultra (cartridge style)
The truck's first OCI will be done in approx 7300 miles

Will you ever see a million miles on the vehicle? What made you choose the 7300 mile first oil change? What about the rest of the fluids? Marketing seems to be working.
'

The recommended OCI is 10k on TGMO synthetic. I'm dumping the factory fill at 7500, have 200ish on the odometer now.
I don't start worrying about other fluids till 50k

Originally Posted By: NissanHauler
The recommended OCI is 10k on TGMO synthetic. I'm dumping the factory fill at 7500, have 200ish on the odometer now.

If you're serious about the million miles, install an ATF filter like magnefine now and replace the ATF early.

Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Originally Posted By: NissanHauler

If you're serious about the million miles, install an ATF filter like magnefine now and replace the ATF early.

Are the Magnefines proven to work? I have thought about adding one to my Tacoma but I'm also quite good about doing a small drain/fill of the ATF each year.

Magnefines are really expensive For a tiny filter. Toyotasusuallylastm along longtime with only proper maintenance. Clean oil is happy oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back