Oil filter options for 15k oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will probably just fan the flames, but it seems to me that rejecting all Frams is just like rejecting all GM vehicles because you think the Aveo is a rotten car. Does the quality of the Aveo mean that a Cadillac or a Malibu is a bad choice? From what I've seen on this site, it looks like the Fram Xtended Guard is a pretty good filter choice for extended OCIs and it is readily available for a wide range of vehicles. I've never used one, but it appears to be a valid choice.

All the upper offerings appear very well made. The problem is that the baseline orange can is so overpriced that it bumps the others to higher levels of cost than something like a PureOne. The PureOne is usually just a couple of bucks more than the orange can. Meanwhile the $2.50-$3 variety of just about any other filter man is of much better construction than the orange can.

It's nothing personal. If they were $1.50/each I'd find a use for them.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: MoparDak05
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately the closest Pepboys is about 30 miles away.
frown.gif
Any savings I might get would probably get eaten away by fuel usage.

Your welcome, I look forward to your UOAs with the filters you pick.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
it looks like the Fram Xtended Guard is a pretty good filter choice for extended OCIs and it is readily available for a wide range of vehicles. I've never used one, but it appears to be a valid choice.

I've been driving a bit more than usual just to get my current OCI to hit 7K so i can pull my Xtended Guard off, and put it up to show that it's one of the well made filter.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
This will probably just fan the flames, but it seems to me that rejecting all Frams is just like rejecting all GM vehicles because you think the Aveo is a rotten car.

Not at all... its more like saying a bad car is a bad car, even with a minor engine upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back