Who's the Biggest Filter Hoarder Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While reading threads here, I pick up that some guys on this board have dozens of filters stashed in their stock pile.

I usually have 2 or 3 for each vehicle (maybe 6 or 7 total filters) stored at any given time ... but I'd like to know who has the most squirreled away and why you end up with so many.
lol.gif
36.gif

i have a total of 22

Motorcraft 820s
a/c Delco pf61
a/c Delco pf52
a/c Delco pf46
pureone 61
pureone 52
pureone 46
I use the regular a/c Delco or the purolator plus in the winter in my non fords because i think there is better cold flow
In the summer i use the pureones in my non ford engine's but in the fords i use Motorcraft 820s all year

I have 5 filters for '94 LS400, 4 of them are Proline filters FAR from Pep Boys. 4-5 Honda PCX-004 filters for '04 S2000, I bought 7-8 of them 3-4 years ago on eBay for cheap (less than $4/ea). 4-5 filters for '00 E430, most of them were bought to bring up the total purchase to $50 for free shipping.

so...here's what happened...

I was buying some wiper blades and a fuel filter from some dealer online, and they had a special on the Motorcraft FL820s for $2.69. Shipping is about equal to sales tax for me, and since I plan on owning the car for a long time, and I'm on 5K intervals, and because I drive a lot...

This is just to let you know that I don't have a problem. I bought 24 of them. I think they were 12 to a box. I used 10 or so thus far, so I guess I have 14 or so left.

I am a modest filter stasher. I keep about three on hand for each of two motorcycles and one or two on hand for each of three cars. So usually I have about 10 in stock. I just like to have filters and oil on hand for each vehicle so when the time is right for a change I don't have to run to the store to do the job. But if I ran into a deal I would buy a case or two.

I haven't counted but I probably have between 20-30 filters in my stash. I usually buy them on sale and stock up, just like I do with oil.

I have 2 napa gold 1036
old non-ecore pf52
old non-ecore pf62 or 61 cant remember
2 Toyota OEM for the corolla 1.8
2 ST16 for the jeep ecore
1 PF16 for the jeep fram
2 ST3980 ecores for my truck
I also got a PF3800 or 3900 I do not know what vehicle this was for its been in my garage for a long time it kinda looks like it could fit my truck, im not sure. Stamped allied signal, so I know its old.

Only a few Delco and wix cartridge filters for me...I need to stock, since all my cars run on the same filter....

I buy one MC filter at wal-mart every time I go, whether I need oil or not. All three of the vehicles I service use the same size filter so I pick up about 3 filters a month. Some months I've changed all three cars' oil. This month I have not done any cars. Right now I have about 12 filters, not all are motorcraft, I have 2 bosch and and 2 mobil1 filters left over from autozone specials. I used to get cases of filters but before I use them they would get banged around the garage getting moved and I dont like the idea of dented filters...so I've TRIED to slow down the purchasing.

Currently I have slightly more oil than filters if you 'diveed' them all up for changes.

I think I will use the magic mirror to find the answer: Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the biggest oil filter hoarder of all?

For me it is 12.

I have a 25 year old fram PH43, 3 or 4 AA 6607s, two store brand chinese filters for ford 4.6s and two Valvolines thimbles that fit toyotas. I own none of these vehicles!!

The 6607s I got BOGO at AA when a coworker (girl) thought she wanted me doing her changes, the fram was 6 cents at a yard sale, I just sold my grand marquis but BIL could use them and another coworker sometimes has me do his vibe. So they'll get put to good use.

Filters that fit my own cars, I have 10-20, who cares. Store mostly indoors, figure it's better for them. For a while AA's january BOGO set me up for the year... I haven't had to touch a full price supertech or whatever I'd otherwise get.

I think i have a couple cases of the old style FL820S filters from when we had 2 cars that took them. I have 5 FL1A's from when i had a 5.0 LTD, and i have a few filters of various brands for my Volvo.

I am a sucker for the purolator pure-one 2pack. I buy a couple of packs each month and have a wall full of them.

More than I care to admit.

In my garage right now I have at least 8 filters for the Malibu and another 8 for the Dakota. At my Mom's I've got maybe 4 more for the Dakota and maybe 8 more for the Malibu. That surprised me.

Lots of them are Purolator's which I got at Pep Boys when they were 1-cent each after rebate, and I think we were able to get 4 at a pop. I also have some of the AAP's from their BOGO deals.

Just a small stash (down from 12 total oil filters), because of some very good deals.

6 Advance Auto Total Grip closeouts for ~ $1.45.

3 Pure Ones from AAP (using a Puro rebate and the $10 AAP coopin) for < $3.00 each.

I would say I have a mini case of two way OCD.
lol.gif
I have difficulty passing on a good deal, but I can't take having too much of a stash just sitting. Because of BITOG, this is the most filters and oil I've had on hand in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back