Oil consumption After Premium Blue Restore

Hello all,
Now this is going to seem very stupid but please give me a pass on this one.
TGDI 1.6L with no oil consumption issues prior to treatment has gone through 600ml of PBR and MMO mix (3.78l PBR 113ml MMO mix) in a 1000 km.
Now I know you ask if it had no oil consumption issues prior why would I do this, and in retrospect it seems kind of stupid but I thought I would give my engine a preemptive good clean before I start my new round of tuning with my tuner.
It's not leaking oil anywhere. Is there anyway this could be an expected occurrence because of the nature of the oil or do I need to do a compression and leakdown test.
Thanks for any and all input.
Again I know it was a mistake... :(
IMHO try PBR again, straight (unadulterated), no MMO.

Give PBR a chance to work. Let it run per label instructions for one-(1) OCI. Top-up as needed. Then switch back to your preferred motor oil.

Premium Blue Restore.
I thought it might be. I call it VPBR.
I'm running a 20% mix of it in three of my vehicles. No issue.

I've been running 1 qt of VPBR mixed with 5 qts of M1 Euro in my 2007 GM gasoline 6.2L (w/197k miles) for the last 6k miles. I dropped the oil pan last week to see if it doing any cleaning. It is.
DSCN8406.JPG

DSCN8410.JPG

Val Restore M1.JPG

Okay so my cylinder compression in one cylinder is slowly leaking down on a compression test. I don't have a leak down tester currently but I'm wondering if I add a teaspoon of oil will this help me diagnose whether it's the rings or not with a compression tester or will the pressure still slowly drop even if it's a wet test?

Hello all,
Now this is going to seem very stupid but please give me a pass on this one.
TGDI 1.6L with no oil consumption issues prior to treatment has gone through 600ml of PBR and MMO mix (3.78l PBR 113ml MMO mix) in a 1000 km.
Now I know you ask if it had no oil consumption issues prior why would I do this, and in retrospect it seems kind of stupid but I thought I would give my engine a preemptive good clean before I start my new round of tuning with my tuner.
It's not leaking oil anywhere. Is there anyway this could be an expected occurrence because of the nature of the oil or do I need to do a compression and leakdown test.
Thanks for any and all input.
Again I know it was a mistake... :(
Are you saying it’s using oil after you ran that mix or it used the oil while running the mix?

Back