***Official Member Picture Thread***

Folks, this was intended for our members to post pictures of themselves. That’s it. So we can see the faces behind the usernames.

For all your other photos, please use another thread, for example:

My Son and I exploring some overhangs and caves while out riding the trails.

91750BB8-DD73-433C-BA59-B55E43CA476E.jpeg

We were riding trails in the Russellville area. There are some overhangs and a couple of “very shallow caves” along the way, nothing like the caverns at Blanchard Springs. I probably really shouldn’t have said caves in my post to be honest, they’re so shallow. 😉
Dirt bikes or mountain bikes?

Just a couple of mountain bikes. I haven’t been on a motorcycle in a long, long time.
Cool. I've done some dirt bike riding in Arkansas. Mostly at a place called Ross Property near Bismarck - unfortunately not open for OHV use anymore, and also Brock Creek, which is up near Morrilton.

Cool. I've done some dirt bike riding in Arkansas. Mostly at a place called Ross Property near Bismarck - unfortunately not open for OHV use anymore, and also Brock Creek, which is up near Morrilton.

I’ve done some trails in that same general area as Brock creek up north of Morrilton, except in Jeeps. There’s lots of nice primitive campsites up there along some beautiful, crystal clear creeks.
When I was riding dirt bikes with my Cousins, we were usually tearing up the sandbars down by the Arkansas river as opposed to trail riding. My favorite bike was a Kawasaki 125 that one of my Cousins owned. It was easy to handle, yet powerful enough to have fun without killing your self. 😉 It’s been 30 years or so since I was on a dirt bike, it would probably be the death of me now. 😂

Wife snapped this at Bucee's when we stopped to feed her on the way down to Gulf Shores last week. She's our youngest - will be 5 mos on July 15.

We almost lost her when she contracted Group D strep meningitis and sepsis when she was just a couple of days old. She was born on a Wednesday; we took her home that Friday, then noticed the next day, Saturday, that she was sleeping too much (even for a newborn), and not really interested enough in eating, so, that night, my wife drove her to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital ER (about a 45 minute drive from our house in Dickson). The doctors immediately recognized that there was likely some kind of system-wide infection, and began IV antibiotics ASAP. They also got our consent to do an LP (lumbar puncture) to check for meningitis, cultures of which eventually came back positive for the strep D bacteria.

Such began a 3-week stay in Vanderbilt Children's ICU for her to receive IV antibiotics, get many different kinds of scans and tests, etc.

Thankfully, all went well, and, because it was caught early, chances are good that she won't have long-term effects from the infection.

Now, she's as healthy as a horse (a plump horse, I might add)!
IMG_3995.jpeg

Here are the other 2 - They're 1.5 yrs old (girl) and 2.5 yrs old (boy).
IMG_0915.jpeg

Wife snapped this at Bucee's when we stopped to feed her on the way down to Gulf Shores last week. She's our youngest - will be 5 mos on July 15.

We almost lost her when she contracted Group D strep meningitis and sepsis when she was just a couple of days old. She was born on a Wednesday; we took her home that Friday, then noticed the next day, Saturday, that she was sleeping too much (even for a newborn), and not really interested enough in eating, so, that night, my wife drove her to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital ER (about a 45 minute drive from our house in Dickson). The doctors immediately recognized that there was likely some kind of system-wide infection, and began IV antibiotics ASAP. They also got our consent to do an LP (lumbar puncture) to check for meningitis, cultures of which eventually came back positive for the strep D bacteria.

Such began a 3-week stay in Vanderbilt Children's ICU for her to receive IV antibiotics, get many different kinds of scans and tests, etc.

Thankfully, all went well, and, because it was caught early, chances are good that she won't have long-term effects from the infection.

View attachment 166050
View attachment 166052
Beautiful family, John!

View attachment 166050
View attachment 166052
That's terrifying, and I'm glad she made it through! Meningitis is terrifying for full grown adults with fully-functioning immune systems, I can't even imagine. Bless you all, and great looking family!

I had to take my second child to VUMC Children's when he was a month or so (growth that turned out to be nothing, thankfully). As a young father, I was beside myself and felt utterly powerless/helpless. They have great docs there (and all across Vandy, really!) I'm about the same distance as you from Nashville, just the other direction in Watertown, south of Lebanon off of 40! Great area to live in, Middle Tennessee, been here my whole life (originally from Cheatham County, the Pleasant View/Joelton area on Hwy 41A. Parents still there on the land we grew up on.)

Lemme see if I have a decent pic of me...Found one. Me the day after I turned 38 (Nov 2018). Haven't gotten any prettier! 🤣🤣🤣
20181123_134721.jpg

View attachment 166050
View attachment 166052
The stache gives you superpowers you certainly need to keep up!

Last edited:
Back