***Official Member Picture Thread***

IMG_3711.jpeg

Wow this is an oldie lol. Almost 10 years ago. August 6th 2014 Cincinnati Reds vs Cleveland Indians at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati Ohio. I look so young lol. I was 12 at the time. I came across this picture after remembering I had one of me somewhere at a MLB game. I only know where my baseball glove is at I couldn’t tell you where my hat or shirt is lol. Currently planning for vacation and plan on going to another MLB game. Where could you guys recommend I go? I’m considering Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington DC, Baltimore or possibly somewhere totally different just they have to have an MLB team and I have to be able to drive from Virginia I would never step foot on a plane lol. Would love to ride down to somewhere like Tampa Bay to go see the Rays play but I don’t know if my dad wants to drive that far. Miami is just too far. I’ve been to two MLB games Cincinnati Reds vs Cleveland Indians in Cincinnati at Great American Ball Park and New York Mets vs Miami Marlins in New York City at Citi Stadium. I really would love to go to Philadelphia the week I’m on vacation because they are playing the Padres and Brewers that week my top two favorite teams. I love baseball as you can tell lol. This year though I plan on paying so hopefully we can get seats right above the dugout or close to it anyway wherever we end up. I wish I had a picture of me at the Mets vs Marlins game. I might somewhere. That was on a school trip so my parents weren’t there to take pictures of me lol.

View attachment 157178
Wow this is an oldie lol. Almost 10 years ago. August 6th 2014 Cincinnati Reds vs Cleveland Indians at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati Ohio. I look so young lol. I was 12 at the time. I came across this picture after remembering I had one of me somewhere at a MLB game. I only know where my baseball glove is at I couldn’t tell you where my hat or shirt is lol. Currently planning for vacation and plan on going to another MLB game. Where could you guys recommend I go? I’m considering Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington DC, Baltimore or possibly somewhere totally different just they have to have an MLB team and I have to be able to drive from Virginia I would never step foot on a plane lol. Would love to ride down to somewhere like Tampa Bay to go see the Rays play but I don’t know if my dad wants to drive that far. Miami is just too far. I’ve been to two MLB games Cincinnati Reds vs Cleveland Indians in Cincinnati at Great American Ball Park and New York Mets vs Miami Marlins in New York City at Citi Stadium. I really would love to go to Philadelphia the week I’m on vacation because they are playing the Padres and Brewers that week my top two favorite teams. I love baseball as you can tell lol. This year though I plan on paying so hopefully we can get seats right above the dugout or close to it anyway wherever we end up. I wish I had a picture of me at the Mets vs Marlins game. I might somewhere. That was on a school trip so my parents weren’t there to take pictures of me lol.
I see Chinese food in your future! 😉

IMG_3750.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg
IMG_3752.jpeg

Wow throwback 11 years ago to 2012. Sorry for all the young pictures lol. I’m stubborn and don’t like my pictures being taken now haha. Very young 10 year old me haha. The Salem Red Sox really made my year that year. The bottom picture is the first baseball I ever got at a game. It was off the bat of Jerome Peña of the Fredrick Keys fouled just into the upper stands in right field. There was a teenager there who was going to grab it but his dad told him to back off and let me get it haha. I now have over 200 Carolina League baseballs. Some signed some not. I have all of them sorted by year. Have a Mookie Betts signed ball when he played for Salem it’s probably with something as big of a star as he is now. The other pictures are all the balls I caught and had thrown to me in the 2012 season. The picture of me with the bat is the bat of my favorite baseball player Michael Almanzar. We sat right above the dugout and he walked out after the last game of 2012 and said “for you thanks for cheering me on this year” and handed me the bat. Also had someone try to steal it from me and Almanzar and the kids dad had to pry it out of his hands and give it back to me. That little kid was going to steal my bat. I still have that bat still has the pine tar on it too. I seen it used in many games. Wish Almanzar still played. He made it to the Majors with the Orioles. The bat and all of the baseballs especially the ones from Almanzar will always be special to me and no one will ever have them besides me. I’ve always been a diehard baseball fan if you can’t tell lol. The San Diego Padres will always be my team too. Them and the Milwaukee Brewers but I like any teams except the Yankees, Dodgers and Giants lol. I sure do miss playing baseball but I just don’t have the time anymore. I got to play some catch today and it was great I loved it. None of my friends ever want to play because they don’t like baseball. I was a catcher, third baseman and first baseman and occasionally pinch hitter or designated hitter if someone was ejected or hurt or I was batting for the pitcher I done that for three years. Primarily as catcher because I begged my coach to always let me catch because I was good at it and I wanted to catch and had all the gear nobody else did. I had always dreamed of playing professional baseball but I didn’t get too which is ok because I’m happy as a mechanic. I can still enjoy it as a hobby. And for those wondering I always wore jersey number 79 except the first year I had to wear number 8 because 79 was taken lol. And I got thrown out of three games for arguing with the umpire haha. I had to come in to several games and cover for people who were ejected lol. My team had a lot of ejections. We played like professionals did and were strictly just one position, only 9 batters, not everyone plays in every game etc.

Sorry for my long winded post. I LOVE baseball ⚾️ lol. I’ll have to dig up some pictures of me playing. I have a picture from my first and only home run that I should post lol. Have to find it first.

I don't need anybody recognizing me in public but I will show an out of date picture. I have gotten a haircut and I may or may not have grown a mustache at some point, so don't get any funny ideas. This was in 1990, a whopping 31years ago. Twelve years later I had my own son. When he was 14 he looked very much like I did back in 1990 but with his mothers eyes and ears.

1990.jpg
Good looking boy for sure, green eyes and freckles. Posterboy!

Back