***Official Member Picture Thread***

0D06200C-B757-467C-9FA1-247BFCBDFA0B.jpeg
B0A129CB-D64A-4B38-B130-5C5E1BA1EA62.jpeg
E2679FA9-9ABF-47EF-B96D-E2FB9E2802C9.jpeg
DA51BEFB-6316-4C57-AEE7-3D4AD9A761CF.jpeg
DB53E444-10FC-44B5-81A1-525A7F1234F9.jpeg

AutoMechanic as a child. The first photo is me sitting or standing rather in my dads 1977 Alfa Romeo Spider. The photo on the tree stump is me at Monticello can’t remember where exactly the tree stump is and where the house is. The T-Ball photo was taken in 2008 when I played T-Ball. The black and white is me standing next to my tree that I planted and was proud of. The tree isn’t pictured I couldn’t find the full picture of it. It was a film photo. Then the other is me and Sparky the fire department mascot.

^^^ What's with those big honkin' instrument cluster pods shields on that 1977 Alfa Romeo Spider - ? Looks like they got you hook on cars, lol.

View attachment 46181View attachment 46183View attachment 46185View attachment 46186View attachment 46187
AutoMechanic as a child. The first photo is me sitting or standing rather in my dads 1977 Alfa Romeo Spider. The photo on the tree stump is me at Monticello can’t remember where exactly the tree stump is and where the house is. The T-Ball photo was taken in 2008 when I played T-Ball. The black and white is me standing next to my tree that I planted and was proud of. The tree isn’t pictured I couldn’t find the full picture of it. It was a film photo. Then the other is me and Sparky the fire department mascot.
Those are awesome pics Blake!! God I miss being a kid!!:D

Yes because having my friends ride around in the back of my truck in the school parking lot and doing donuts is not good. 🙂
Haha I remember my friend Johnny in high school had a 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme with the V8. We went behind his high school and destroyed the field in his car doing donuts. Suddenly the transmission in his car went out!! The only gear that worked was reverse, so he drove me all the way home and then drove himself home IN REVERSE!! Haha!!:ROFLMAO:

Congrats Wayne! Pablo, nice Gato. I like Cats. Is he nice?
My high school graduation almost 8 years ago. Someone was taking another pic at the same time, and that camera had a green light before it takes pics.

View attachment 46714
My high school graduation almost 8 years ago. Someone was taking another pic at the same time, and that camera had a green light before it takes pics.

View attachment 46714
Wow! A complexion like the Statue of Liberty!😁

Exactly right - the aircraft had been refueled in litres instead of gallons. Oops!

Fortunately, the pilot had a lot of time in gliders, and flew the unpowered airliner to a safe landing.

I believe the runway had been part of a wartime base for training Commonwealth aircrew, and was repurposed as a drag strip after the war.
It was a bit more subtle than that.

The fuel gauge system was inoperative, so the airplane was “drip sticked”, meaning, each tank was measured from below using a float on a stick, and the scale from that was translated into fuel weight using the Boeing 767-200 service manual.

The weight on the chart in that manual provided by Boeing was in lbs.

But the Canadian mechanics used metric, so they naturally assumed weight was in KG.

They serviced the plane up to the required weight, not realizing that the number was lbs, not KG.

The plane had just under half the required fuel. With no “gas gauge” that worked.

The Captain did a brilliant job gliding a 767 to Gimli.

Back