***Official Member Picture Thread***

View attachment 52216
The kids and me in Pigeon Forge, TN last summer.
View attachment 52216
The kids and me in Pigeon Forge, TN last summer.
Nice! I proposed to my wife not far from there, at Laurel Falls, in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
A7CD32FB-B3F7-4746-B5F1-818FDA2D580A.jpeg
A707182A-211B-486C-A008-C65B63FE81C2.jpeg

What a beautiful looking couple!
Thanks! Funny part is, she wasn’t too happy with me before I popped the question. She was tired, and I’d made her hike up a steep trail to find the perfect, secluded spot!

But, she got over it, and said yes!

6 months later, in April 2020, we got married. It was a little different than we‘s planned, due to everything that was going on at that time. Went from 200 planned guests to 10 total.

And, instead of the 7 nights in Costa Rica at 3 different resorts, we ended up doing a road trip through Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and East Tennessee, even getting to meet Astro14 along the way!

Wasnt what we’d planned, but we still had a ball! Hard to believe it’s been almost a year already. But...a lot’s happened!

Oh, and this little dude showed up in January :)

B973CBA9-8A78-4490-915F-07BD12205741.jpeg
DCAB3A3B-B424-42EF-8E98-A4B07B7CF3EC.jpeg
9597D38F-5158-446D-A241-830B6C4C49E8.jpeg

I wanted to be an aviator, but unfortunately my health issues won't let me.
Sorry about the health issues but I would avoid being a commercial pilot. It will bounce back ( some ) but it's a very unstable industry; always has been, always will be. I would be concerned if my kid wanted to get into it.

Health care seems like a great choice.

Not trying to be negative, just honest.

Sorry about the health issues but I would avoid being a commercial pilot. It will bounce back ( some ) but it's a very unstable industry; always has been, always will be. I would be concerned if my kid wanted to get into it.

Health care seems like a great choice.

Not trying to be negative, just honest.

I was born with a few health problems, and accepted long ago that I cannot be a commercial helicopter pilot like my dad.
While Psychology interests me, I worry about taking the baggage home with me sometimes, I can get too empathetic occasionally. Which means Radiologist, Lawyer, ( yes I am aware they are vastly different ) or who knows, maybe a heart surgeon. My family history is chocked full of heart problems, so that is also of interest. I'm known for breaking bones, and other issues out of my control, which makes radiology something I've been around all my life, and I find of great interest.

I was born with a few health problems, and accepted long ago that I cannot be a commercial helicopter pilot like my dad.
While Psychology interests me, I worry about taking the baggage home with me sometimes, I can get too empathetic occasionally. Which means Radiologist, Lawyer, ( yes I am aware they are vastly different ) or who knows, maybe a heart surgeon. My family history is chocked full of heart problems, so that is also of interest. I'm known for breaking bones, and other issues out of my control, which makes radiology something I've been around all my life, and I find of great interest.
I see you live in BC. Getting a Medical Degree in Canada is within the (financial) reach of regular people. And there are lots of choices (including some that most people haven't heard of) once you have that Medical Degree.

I'm married to a psychologist and have rubbed elbows with a lot of them. I find it hard to reconcile a young lady who thrashes a dirt bike and runs a dozer with the typical specimen in that field. A little secret in the psychology field is that most people who get into the field are at least partially motivated by the desire to "work on their own psychosis."

I'm married to a psychologist and have rubbed elbows with a lot of them. I find it hard to reconcile a young lady who thrashes a dirt bike and runs a dozer with the typical specimen in that field. A little secret in the psychology field is that most people who get into the field are at least partially motivated by the desire to "work on their own psychosis."

I have an Auntie, and Uncle, both Psychiatrists, who would agree lol

Thanks! Funny part is, she wasn’t too happy with me before I popped the question. She was tired, and I’d made her hike up a steep trail to find the perfect, secluded spot!

But, she got over it, and said yes!

6 months later, in April 2020, we got married. It was a little different than we‘s planned, due to everything that was going on at that time. Went from 200 planned guests to 10 total.

And, instead of the 7 nights in Costa Rica at 3 different resorts, we ended up doing a road trip through Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and East Tennessee, even getting to meet Astro14 along the way!

Wasnt what we’d planned, but we still had a ball! Hard to believe it’s been almost a year already. But...a lot’s happened!

Oh, and this little dude showed up in January :)

View attachment 52526View attachment 52527View attachment 52528
We really enjoyed having you guys over for dinner. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

I think you have to admit my recommendation for dinner (our house and my wife’s cooking) was pretty good!

Congratulations on a beautiful family.

Back