***Official Member Picture Thread***

Cap and gown picture.
DF54E1B0-A5F9-4202-B614-1A27A3CD24FF.jpeg
FBEDCB06-3AF8-4511-AB30-8546AFCCA4B8.jpeg

Me putting a starter on my dads truck. August 2019. Don’t mind the shirt I didn’t work there long.

BD9F9423-691E-402F-A728-66FC4D531B6B.jpeg

Goofing off at school here lol 😂 it was so much fun man I miss those days. This was senior day I believe and yes I know I needed a haircut my friend stole my hat from me for the picture LOL.
3085C6A0-0DFB-46DC-86B4-DB936F4F532E.jpeg

Here my friend stole my hat again and decided to get a cup of water from the water bubble in the class room.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Ah, you've been to the Pensacola museum! One of the world's great aviation museums. I was there last fall with Mrs. Astro (a Captain in the USN) and we had a great visit...

The Blue Angels Atrium...

Love that place! I had to go back for a 2nd day just so I could see everything. Still didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked!
Been a few times, tried to go recently but they are still not open to the general public.

Cap and gown picture.
View attachment 45636View attachment 45635
Me putting a starter on my dads truck. August 2019. Don’t mind the shirt I didn’t work there long.

View attachment 45640
Goofing off at school here lol 😂 it was so much fun man I miss those days. This was senior day I believe and yes I know I needed a haircut my friend stole my hat from me for the picture LOL. View attachment 45641
Here my friend stole my hat again and decided to get a cup of water from the water bubble in the class room.
You look good with a beard Blake! (y) Too much of my facial hair grows in gray haha!! Digging that Castrol hat!! I have a Mobil 1 beanie:D

You look good with a beard Blake! (y) Too much of my facial hair grows in gray haha!! Digging that Castrol hat!! I have a Mobil 1 beanie:D
LOL. The Castrol hat was a gift from my automotive teacher when I was in 10th grade. He knows I like my Castrol. My parents tell me I need to shave but I have been too lazy too lol. I usually keep at least a goatee.

Thanks to the two of you for being good sports! As they say, if you can't laugh at yourself, you're missing half the fun. 😉

Perhaps someday I'll post a picture of myself.
You totally should. I bet you don’t look anything like we imagine either LOL. I am still laughing at that picture though it was funny as heck.

You totally should. I bet you don’t look anything like we imagine either LOL. I am still laughing at that picture though it was funny as heck.
Here ya go! This was around 1982, at the drag races at Gimli. (Aviation buffs will know about the Gimli Glider, a year later.) I'm just the same except with much shorter and greyer hair, lots of wrinkles facial wisdom lines, and an extra 35 lbs of lean rippling muscle fat. I drove a '68 Impala at this time, so had to pose with Fast Freddie.

Gimli Dragstrip with Fast Freddie 001.jpg

Here's a newer one, of me and my bride after our Valentine's Day bike ride:

20210214_145325.jpg

Here ya go! This was around 1982, at the drag races at Gimli. (Aviation buffs will know about the Gimli Glider, a year later.) I'm just the same except with much shorter and greyer hair, lots of wrinkles facial wisdom lines, and an extra 35 lbs of lean rippling muscle fat. I drove a '68 Impala at this time, so had to pose with Fast Freddie.

View attachment 45817

View attachment 45819
Haha nice. At least you are biking so keeps the weight off LOL. Nice car too.

View attachment 45817

View attachment 45819
Gimli Glider, wasn't that the incident where the metric system almost killed a bunch of folks?

Gimli Glider, wasn't that the incident where the metric system almost killed a bunch of folks?
Exactly right - the aircraft had been refueled in litres instead of gallons. Oops!

Fortunately, the pilot had a lot of time in gliders, and flew the unpowered airliner to a safe landing.

I believe the runway had been part of a wartime base for training Commonwealth aircrew, and was repurposed as a drag strip after the war.

Back