Of all the gall!

Recently purchased an item on Amazon. Used it a few times and found it lacking. Wrote a 1 star review giving my opinion of the thing.
Here it is about 10 days later get an email from a guy who wants me to delete my review and will give me a $20.00 Amazon gift card if I do so. Never has happened before. Amazon has sunk pretty low if they let this kind of crap go on. Apparently they want only good reviews posted.

Recently purchased an item on Amazon. Used it a few times and found it lacking. Wrote a 1 star review giving my opinion of the thing.
Here it is about 10 days later get an email from a guy who wants me to delete my review and will give me a $20.00 Amazon gift card if I do so. Never has happened before. Amazon has sunk pretty low if they let this kind of crap go on. Apparently they want only good reviews posted.

The “they” you are referring to, is it Amazon or the seller?

I’ve had similar happen with a seller. If you don’t like it, report it.

I have read a few articles of Amazon having fake review problems - so this explains why everything I buy that has 5 stars turns out to be crap half the time.

a friend commented on too loud aftermarket borla mufflers, they just did NOT post the negative comment. its said that drug companies that test their own products just "cherry pick" what they want you to read that gives their product the best review!! lots of fake + dishonesty these days IMO!! recently i got scammed by Bkids site, 4 tyres at a great price, said they shipped but NOT 6 wks later, good that my Chase Visa refunded me, but wondering what if anything happens to the scammer + the fact they are an approved Visa user!! i must add overall i am pleased with Amazons service, but not the fact that their site ALWAYS shows up while "others" are prolly way down in your search IF even shown!!

Last edited:
I doubt that that is from Amazon, it's probably an offer from the seller. I got something similar but mine came on a post card. I just ignored it.

Also just be warned that if Amazon even thinks that you're posting fake reviews or being paid, they will ban you from posting reviews permanently.

In my experience with people like your seller I'll say to make sure that you get the money before you change your review or you'll probably never get it.

Amazon has been downhill since allowing independent sellers. Now it’s just fancy eBay, complete with counterfeit items.
IMG_7777.jpeg

I got a private message on Yelp from someone offering me money to post reviews of places (at their choosing of course). It was something like $5 if I posted a review that that person had written, or $10 if I wrote it myself. I just ignored it. But it really makes you wonder....

Its common and Amazon is powerless to stop it, how would they unless they take your option to delete your review away.

I have read a few articles of Amazon having fake review problems - so this explains why everything I buy that has 5 stars turns out to be crap half the time.
I skip to the 3 star reviews first, I find them the most informative. Then 4 stars after that in any order the 1,2 and 5 stars.

I say this because the 5 stars some people post when all excited about something and are not being objective.
At the other extreme are 1 and 2 stars where people maybe upset about shipping or a package that was previously sold and not an actual review of the product.

Also the first thing I do is switch to "Most Recent" reviews from "Highest Rated" reviews.
By default ALL review websites show "Highest Rated" reviews which to me is dumb, they can be the oldest reviews of the bunch and too easly produced by the seller or its paid agents.
I honestly think of this as almost a scam by the websites themselves to sell products.
Only because you really sometimes have to look for the tab to change to most recent reviews. I suspect most of the public does not.
(except for my wife and I ;))

What was this item? I won't tell ... but I am curious.

I don't think amazon reviews are worth the CRT pixels they are displayed on.

I would file a complaint, this is bribery.

Did you "man up" and keep the unseen item you bought online?

I wish you adequate outcome and satisfaction in this dealing

Back