HomeDepot Price match policy discrepancy

It separates their policy by purchase location (homedepot.com or instore).

How the Low Price Guarantee works for in-store pre-purchases: If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any other retailer, we will match the price. Just bring the ad, printout or photo with you to the register for validation. (This may involve the associate contacting the competitor).

Their actual policy can be inferred as follows:

How the Low Price Guarantee works for in-store pre-purchases: If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any other physical retail store, we will match the price. Just bring the ad, printout or photo with you to the register for validation. (This may involve the associate contacting the competitor).

They will PM amazon at homedepot.com for in store pickup. So jump through hoops if you so desire.

c5ccbd02-d3ea-4198-9bad-b922549b2d47_text.gif

Found out Walgreens annoyingly doesn’t price match their own online in-store pickup prices with walk-in in-store so I placed an order in the parking lot and took care of other errands until it was ready.

I get it’s likely to promote the website but I decided to skip Walgreens online, perhaps stores too outright if I can avoid it unless the price is flaming like this time.

Found out Walgreens annoyingly doesn’t price match their own online in-store pickup prices with walk-in in-store so I placed an order in the parking lot and took care of other errands until it was ready.

I get it’s likely to promote the website but I decided to skip Walgreens online, perhaps stores too outright if I can avoid it unless the price is flaming like this time.
I know exactly what you're talking about. I was about to buy something from them but I didn't want to deal with waiting for an online pickup, so I went to Target and price matched Walmart. For me, Walmart is 30 min away and much more annoying to visit vs 5 min for Target.
I get these stores are trying to increase their profit from walk in customers while trying to compete in the online space with more price conscious shoppers. I prefer buying in store if the price is the same. I hate dealing with throwing away packaging and waste from amazon, etc.

Sort of related - my wife has like 20 Christmas decoration tea lights that use CR123. Last year I bought cheap "energizer" batteries from flea bay. They came in this cut plastic bulk tray that was taped together, and arrived in a white letter envelope with a stamp on it from NJ. The only thing with any markings were the batteries themselves, and I assumed they were fake, but didn't much care for this application, but for fun in 2 of the tea lights I put new Energizers I purchased at I think Walmart. I marked those two.

The two real ones lasted about middle of the pack with the cheap ones, with all but two failing within a few days of each other - except a couple which burned on for several extra days - the long lasting ones having the flea bay batteries in them

Not the first time HD employees have had problems following or clearly explaining what the actual company policies are:

Back