Asking for a review of "5 stars"

Frankly you'd almost have to walk on water to get a 5 star review from me (sounds like your AC company could have had a chance) basically no one is 5 stars. I either have to be super impressed or super ticked off to leave a review. Ask for a review and i might do one but chances of getting 5 star are next to nil. Not my problem how the review system works.

As for asking for a 5 star review, to me it depends on how its asked, if it was something form the company saying "did we provide 5 star service, if so please leave a review and if not please contact "owner/manager, supervisor name"" that might be ok, if it was just "leave a 5 star review", that would probably earn them a two star or 3 star depending on where they started out to begin with.

Who cares if the service was great in response to the OP. The OP is being way too sensitive.

I would prefer a customer contract me so I can make it right rather than they review bomb me.

Gives both parties a chance. Negative reviews are often one sided.
This.

I think it is important to give someone a chance first if I have an issue. How they handle that chance dictates how my review of their service goes. As for asking for a review, they shouldn't ask you to leave a specific number of stars.

Daughter recently purchased a new Mustang E and I went with her to pick it up. A mess, they had add ons she never agreed to, forgoet her down payment, then a company discount. The paperwork had to be done 3 times due to the idiots behind the desk, not the sales person. Unfortunately only the sales person gets reviewed. She gave him a 3.5 and he actually called and stated that if he knew she was not going to give him 5 stars he would not have sold her the car!!!! I wrote a letter to ford and the manager explaining that it was not the sales person's direct fault but otheres in the chain of the transaction, including the manager who insists on add ons not agreed to. Sorry, but someone has to take the hit if the process is bad. A lot to be said going factory direct and eliminating all the middlemen. They had several days to get the paperwork correct but waited and still had it wrong 3 times, then the financial person who wants to sell her an extended warranty that she purchased from Ford (online ford dealer selling warranties at a volume and discount) for 1000 less than the dealer wanted.
So, I'll try to avoid speaking in absolutes, but this follow up performance review call was likely done by Ford themselves. Many times, when you're called and asked to rate your experience after your purchase, it's a call done by the OEM that you purchased from. No other customer is going to see this "review". You're absolutely correct- only the salesmen is getting reviewed here. So if you give him 3.5 stars because everyone else at his dealership dropped the ball, he's the one that gets punished, not the F&I guy, or the Sales Manager, or whoever else. The salesmen gets punished, then things continue on business as usual.

For future reference, if you had a good experience with your salesman, give them a 5 star review, no matter what else happened with finance or the sales manager. If you just can't bring yourself to do it, then don't leave a review at all. Like the SAT punishing you for incorrect answers, your salesman would be better off without being reviewed at all rather than getting a bad (less than 5 star) review. If you didn't have a pleasant experience overall due to finance problems, or managers jerking you around on packages, leave a Google Review for that dealership and specifically call the responsible parties out. At least other customers can see your review there, and the General Managers often go through their Google reviews periodically and might even make some changes based off the feedback they see there.

I had a Realtor send me a request for a review. Since anybody with a pulse can sell a house in this market I didn't leave him one. The rental property sold in three days at asking price.

Back