Now that Bosch owns Purolator......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Bosch and Mann have purchased Purolators filter division, does that mean that the they are going to start sharing filters? I don't know if Bosch even makes their aftermarket filters, for some reason I though I heard at one point they were made by Champion. Just wondering if we are going to see any new products or if everything is going start being the same thing relabeled?

Bosch's purchase of Purolator was a stock market, money for the share holders move. It won't change Purolator, but I am sure Bosch's quality will be brought up to Purolator's. Be thankful it was not a Chinese company!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
the latest oil filter disection I saw (very recent) showed that a Bosch filter was in fact a Purolator Pure One

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/31190-oil-filters-dissected.html
IMO, the poster Deep Lava, unlike DoctorD, did very a respectable job with his filter dissection study thread. His very readable spreadsheet helped summarize his findings in form that's easy to read. I give it a
thumbsup2.gif

As for the OP's topic, it been over three years since the Bosch acquisition and I personally haven't seen a drop off in Purolator quality. It seems the Bosch filter is now made by Purolator, and it too seems to be a quality filter. I don't know about any new products.

Ditto. For a while there Bosch was [censored] in my opinion. But now I can get PureOnes under the Bosch name at AZ. I'm cool with that.

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Bosch's purchase of Purolator was a stock market, money for the share holders move. It won't change Purolator, but I am sure Bosch's quality will be brought up to Purolator's. Be thankful it was not a Chinese company!
grin2.gif

Bosch had been one more quality Champ filter. I will not be filling the German fat cats' saucers with cream by buying more cheapened L10193's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BTC
Didn't this acquisition happen several years ago?
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/23/211511.html
yes..semi old news.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
As for the OP's topic, it been over three years since the Bosch acquisition and I personally haven't seen a drop off in Purolator quality. It seems the Bosch filter is now made by Purolator, and it too seems to be a quality filter. I don't know about any new products.

Originally Posted By: Jdblya
So the bosch filters are actually pure one filters??? not just regular Purolators? You can also read the spreadsheet to see the similarities.
Judge for yourself based on the link. You can also read the spreadsheet to see the similarities. http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/31190-oil-filters-dissected.html

Also, ZZman confirmed that the Bosch Premium had the same 99.9% efficiency rating as the Pure One. You can also read his thread and look at the pictures posted on pgs.1+3 of the thread and see the similarities. Like the Pure One, the Bosch too appears to be a quality filter made by Purolator. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1550454&fpart=1

Originally Posted By: Jdblya
So the bosch filters are actually pure one filters??? not just regular Purolators?

I think so. Where the picture show them cut open, next to a PureOne and a Premium, it definitely looks like the PureOne--number of pleats, etc.

Originally Posted By: Oldwolf
Good thread. I'll continue to use Purolator Premium Plus filters.

How does that filter compare to the Purolator PureOne?

I decided not to use the Nissan OEM oil filter and to use the filter you all recommend here. I had narrowed it down to either Bosch or PureOne. I came home with a PureOne PL 14610. It sure is a nice looking OF. I love the rough finish on it, should be easy to install and remove.
thankyou2.gif
Sure looks like a great OF.

It ought to work great with the Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 I'm going to put in my car this Fall.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Originally Posted By: Oldwolf
Good thread. I'll continue to use Purolator Premium Plus filters.

I decided not to use the Nissan OEM oil filter and to use the filter you all recommend here. I had narrowed it down to either Bosch or PureOne. I came home with a PureOne PL 14610. It sure is a nice looking OF. I love the rough finish on it, should be easy to install and remove.
thankyou2.gif
Sure looks like a great OF.

It ought to work great with the Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 I'm going to put in my car this Fall.

Very good combination. I ran PP 5W-30 and a PureONE last fall in my Acura and the UOA came back very good.

Pure One is their top of the line. The Premium Plus, now Classic white, is rated ~97% and is still a very decent filter.

Pure One better suited to extended OCI's, but nothing wrong with Puro Classic white.

Originally Posted By: sayjac

Pure One better suited to extended OCI's, but nothing wrong with Puro Classic white.

Thanks for this info. They had both of these in AAP today, the Classic White was $4.49 and the PureOne was $6.49. With tax it was $7.11. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think either one of these, with Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 in my car ought to give me a 1 year OCI without any problems.

Lurch

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Very good combination. I ran PP 5W-30 and a PureONE last fall in my Acura and the UOA came back very good.

Glad to hear it!
grin2.gif

I'm getting my first UOA this Fall after close to a year of Syntec and a K&N oil filter. Then I'll add PP & PureOne.

Thanks for this info. They had both of these in AAP today, the Classic White was $4.49 and the PureOne was $6.49. With tax it was $7.11. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think either one of these, with Pennzoil Platinum 5-30 in my car ought to give me a 1 year OCI without any problems.
Lurch

If you're going to AAP, just scroll down to the "Sales and Promotions" forum at the bottom of BITOG's forum index. There is a coupon for a $10 discount on purchase of $25 or more. You can get 4 PureOne's for $3.99 each after the discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back