No Pockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
If I ever get any gifts they are usually shirts or socks.
I don't buy many clothes unless I wear them out.
It seems most of the shirts I get given to me regardless of dress or casual, most have no pockets.

I don't wear the dreaded ink pen but I like one pocket on my shirts for cash or a credit card or whatever.
I carry my vitamins in a shirt pocket ( wrapped in plastic of course) Especially if you have to pay toll or a drive-in the shirt pocket
is king. Nothing worse that going into your pant pockets while sitting. And for several decades I only use a front stuffer wallet.
I can't understand why anyone would put a wallet in their back pocket.

I thought shirt pockets were mostly just for looks, unless it is a work shirt with pockets with button flaps. I have never liked them for anything but pens and markers, too easy to small stuff to fall out when you bend over. I would totally rock a pocket protector + too many pens like an 80s nerd though. It would be nice to have a note pad there that was the perfect size to not fall out. I hate carrying paper in my pants pockets when working because even if you sweat a little, the paper always gets gross.

Apparently keeping a wallet in your front pants pocket makes it much harder for people to steal your wallet.

Maybe pick up a light jacket or vest for holding stuff? My dad avoids jackets that don't have zippered pockets so stuff doesn't fall out as easily.

Tee shirts pocket, knit shirts with a collar, no pocket. Dress shirts no preference. Wallet left pants pocket.

Last edited:
I have a LOT of t-shirts that have small pockets, but they are for style, not really functionality LOL.

Originally Posted by Zee09
It seems most of the shirts I get given to me regardless of dress or casual, most have no pockets.

I don't wear the dreaded ink pen but I like one pocket on my shirts for cash or a credit card or whatever.
I carry my vitamins in a shirt pocket ( wrapped in plastic of course) Especially if you have to pay toll or a drive-in the shirt pocket
is king. Nothing worse that going into your pant pockets while sitting. And for several decades I only use a front stuffer wallet.

So it doesent fall out of my shirt pocket when Im working at odd angles.

I only wear plain cotton pocket tee shirts period, no collar, no buttons, no emblems no nothing. I use the pocket for something everyday. Feel naked without a pocket!

I think shirt with pockets have been out of fashion for a while, that's why people don't really sell or buy them even if they think it is a great idea. The shirt pocket won't fit the phones these days anyways (too heavy). Around here they got rid of the toll collectors years ago (labor cost) and use license plate recognition or transponders.

I wear cotton T shirts every day for work. I have to have the pocket. I carry two military badges and a pen all day long in it. A pocket is a MUST.

My shirtmaker charges extra for pockets, I've just gotten in the habit of ordering the shirts without. Brooks Brothers shirts generally have pockets but I never use the pocket.

Slim front pocket wallet (left), if I carry a pistol in an IWB holster it rides on the right side. Keys generally go on the right front pocket unless I am wearing a suit/sport coat, in which case the keys go in one of the pockets on the suit jacket.

I'm actually the opposite, I hate shirts with pockets, I also never use the back pockets of my shorts or pants.

I'm also weird in that I hate hats and watches.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I'm actually the opposite, I hate shirts with pockets, I also never use the back pockets of my shorts or pants.

I'm also weird in that I hate hats and watches.

I'm the same way. I hate the way pocket shirts look,they remind me of Lewis Skolnick shirts haha. I also hate hats,and never use my back pockets. I hate sitting on my wallet while I'm driving.

Originally Posted by Zee09

You could carry a purse.

I am a big fan of pockets. I even have socks with concealed pockets. I just purchased a neat Kakadu vest that has room for more doodads, including four magazine pockets, than I would ever carry. Remember KangaROOS sneakers? There's a small pocket integrated into the tongue.

I wear T-shirts with a breast pocket around the house or under another garment. I wear short sleeve golf shirts out in public. They have a collar and a generous breast pocket.

I like a shirt pocket for at work, I put a pen&pencil in, along with my ID badge and some business cards, into a pocket protector. Makes it easy to grab everything while going out the door. Won't buy a dress shirt w/o a pocket. I don't care for tee shirts with pockets though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back