Next vehicle search

Plenty of options to look at. All input so far is appreciated. Definitely gave me some other choices to consider. GEICO finally notified me this afternoon that the Stinger is officially done and they're mulling over what kind of settlement they're willing to offer. A formal offer is due in the coming days.

Owing just under $20K, I'm hoping to see a check for $35K +/-. Been almost two decades since I've had to deal with a total loss. Regardless of the outcome, I'm hunting for a replacement. Daily driving a modified VW with nearly 15yrs of age doesn't inspire much confidence.

The IS is that tight inside?
I test drove a few before I bought my BMW and was quite disappointed. I'm 5'10, 150lbs and my head was very close to the A-pillar. Pretty sure my dad who is 6'2 185 wouldn't fit even with the seat all the way back. Other than that the car drove great and was comfortable, but it was just too small, which is never a problem I thought I'd have with a newer car interior.

A settlement with insurance has been reached and I got the number I expected. Countless hours have been spent reading reviews and browsing owner forums. I'm nowhere near the finish line, but I have narrowed down my choices.

As previously stated, the next gen Colorado ZR2 is the winner - pending confirmation of a career move.

Cadillac CT4VBW 6MT is what I'm stuck on. I want this car.

Ford Mustang Mach1 6MT is the alternate.

Purchase commitment is TBD. Between a possible employment change and a possible spinal surgery, my window to purchase is up in the air. Three to six months is likely.

Reviving thread for updates...

Still 100% certain I want the CT4VBW. However, I'm letting clock run on for as long as I can stand it. I'd really like to see the overall market cool down a bit. As much as I'd love to not finance a purchase in our current state of affairs, sometimes it's just a necessary evil. When rates slide back, I'll refi.

I "repossessed" my kids car after he proved time and again that his irresponsibility knows no bounds. So I've started dumping money into engine and suspension components to make the old GLI reliable and a pleasure to toss around. Ultimately, I'd like to sell it to another VW enthusiast. Until that happens, I just plan to use it as another commuter/ weekend toy.

Using two older VWs for daily duty will be interesting....it's like playing whack-a-mole between electrical gremlins, fluid leaks, and the occasional mechanical failure of something!

Had a lazy Saturday on tap, so I talked my wife into accompanying me to a Cadillac dealer in Columbia, SC. They were flush with 4V and 5V Blackwings. After ten minutes of playing around in the showroom, I asked the sales guy about placing a special order. We sat down and configured the car I wanted. Told the sales manager I would not pay ADM and he agreed. So the order will be submitted 2/27 and we'll wait to see if GM accepts it.

CT4V Blackwing 6MT. Fully loaded, minus the sunroof and carbon fiber aero bits.

My list came down to a CPO 2021 Mach 1, a 2022 M240i xDrive, and the C43 I ended up buying. I liked the Mach 1 a lot, but the dealer wanted $6k more than what I paid for the C43. The M240i was okay, but in no way a great leap forward from my F22 M235i. No bad choices, but I'm glad I went with the C43. As always, YMMV...

I’m surprised that one of the usual suspects hasn’t popped in and suggested that the OP pay cash for a used Corolla and drive it for 400k miles.
I can only imagine which member you're referring to. Fortunately, some of us still prefer a ride that has more personality and presence than a tree stump. Hope you enjoy that MB, sir. I know I'll certainly enjoy my new toy.

Had a lazy Saturday on tap, so I talked my wife into accompanying me to a Cadillac dealer in Columbia, SC. They were flush with 4V and 5V Blackwings. After ten minutes of playing around in the showroom, I asked the sales guy about placing a special order. We sat down and configured the car I wanted. Told the sales manager I would not pay ADM and he agreed. So the order will be submitted 2/27 and we'll wait to see if GM accepts it.

CT4V Blackwing 6MT. Fully loaded, minus the sunroof and carbon fiber aero bits.
Is there a guarantee that the price you agree on will still be the price you pay when it comes in?

They won't do that, nor would I. Could easily be a year or more before delivery. Price was never discussed, only an agreement to no ADM and no silly add-on services/fees/dumb warranties/etc.

Funny, speaking of Corollas. I saw this the other day. No sticker price on it and no armrest in these for some reason. Battery is in the trunk.
20230205_105220.jpg
20230205_105232.jpg
20230205_105246.jpg

Back