Bought me a Kia Stinger

It was a fun 2 weeks of back and forth with numerous dealers, trying to get the price I wanted that others had got. Was steered towards Orangville KIA that had a 2020 Aurora Black Stinger GT Limited. Didnt take much to get my number after I quoted a price they sold one to another forum member on the Stinger Forums. Within a week I was driving home in my new car. Bye bye gas saving Optima Hybrid, hello gas station that i will be visiting weekly. Dont get me wrong i was expecting it, actually the car is very good on gas in ECO mode(7.7-7.9L/100km). Put in Sport mode it drinks gas like a champ.
Screenshot_20201016-191501_Gallery.jpg

Awesome choice! I'd love a Stinger, just a bit more than I wanted to spend. That 3.3 twin turbo is supposed to really scoot, as it replaced the 5.0L V8 in my Genesis. And the Stinger is a lighter car.

I've been considering a GT1 or GT2; the main problem is finding one with RWD- the fault of a raft dumbed-down nitwit buyers in my area. I looked at an Indigo Edition that-while AWD-has a true mechanical rear LSD and an AWD system that allows the driver to send 100% of the power to the rear axle. Unfortunately, that model is hobbled with Michelin Primacy "Grand Touring" tires and as a result the top speed is reduced to under 150 mph. The RWD cars still get Pilot Sport 4S rubber- for now, at least.

I've been considering a GT1 or GT2; the main problem is finding one with RWD- the fault of a raft dumbed-down nitwit buyers in my area. I looked at an Indigo Edition that-while AWD-has a true mechanical rear LSD and an AWD system that allows the driver to send 100% of the power to the rear axle. Unfortunately, that model is hobbled with Michelin Primacy "Grand Touring" tires and as a result the top speed is reduced to under 150 mph. The RWD cars still get Pilot Sport 4S rubber- for now, at least.
Wink wink...

The K5 is a sweet looking car!! First time I saw one I had no idea what its was. I saw a Stinger today nail it and take off in front of me. No smoke at all out of the tail pipes.
That’s one thing the stinger gets a 👎🏼 for.. people say there’s no real exhaust growl. I wonder if the stinger has active exhaust or a track mode that bypasses the mufflers?

Back