Bought me a Kia Stinger

That’s one thing the stinger gets a 👎🏼 for.. people say there’s no real exhaust growl. I wonder if the stinger has active exhaust or a track mode that bypasses the mufflers?
Turbo’s tend to kill exhaust growl, most turbo v6’s just end up sounding like an angry vacuum. Even turbo v8’s suffer from it.

That’s one thing the stinger gets a 👎🏼 for.. people say there’s no real exhaust growl. I wonder if the stinger has active exhaust or a track mode that bypasses the mufflers?

It's a car geared towards families that wants a sporty vehicle with tons of power and features and not alot of noise from the rear for a price not breaking the bank, but at the same time for those who love to mod the **** out of it.

I know someone that autocrosses/tracks one of those and it turns in some VERY respectable times considering the stock suspension is quite soft.

Pretty looking car - I always admired the Optima styling vs the now dated Hyundai Snota severe curves and swoops.

But, What ever happened to the TT V6 INFINITI Q60 RS? Is it just unknown or forgotten?
I thought that was top dog with a slightly detuned GT-R motor and AWD?

I will say Albert Biermann is making a big splash at Kia bringing and APPLYING his BMW M experience to good effect!
even the forte GT is a fun little car.

But My buddy just bought a near-mint mid-miles BMW 750 with TTV8 AWD for under $12k
30K plus is too much for ME to spend on a new car with these off lease $100K luxobarges going for literally pennies on the dollar.

Enjoy the new car - it's gorgeous. But I am becoming overwhelmed with the new performance cars.
This day was never foreseen in the mid seventies when I was a young adult. We were hanging on to our "old" mid 60's v8 as they were dinosaurs soon to become extinct by gas shortages and ever more stringent smog regulations.

Last edited:
The RWD GT1/GT2 is also fast enough to make my list- it equals or betters the acceleration of my 2 Series- which is a requirement for any replacement vehicle. A friend has A GT2 AWD) and he tells me it returns @23 mpg, which is close enough to the 2er as to make no difference.

My wife saw one of those the other day and that is the first time I ever heard her say that is a nice looking car. That is really saying something.

There goes the warranty with the AEM?
I'm sure the factory air flow capacity is fine - the straight tube CAI don't have resonance abaters on them and you could have incorrect air metering at certain RPM though it would be more of an issue with NA engines that don't have a turbo in between the IM and the CAI.
I would let it do its 7K mile wear-in before going crazy on it.

-Enjoy!

There goes the warranty with the AEM?
I'm sure the factory air flow capacity is fine - the straight tube CAI don't have resonance abaters on them and you could have incorrect air metering at certain RPM though it would be more of an issue with NA engines that don't have a turbo in between the IM and the CAI.
I would let it do its 7K mile wear-in before going crazy on it.

-Enjoy!

Why would you think an Air Intake would void my warranty? Since I will disconnect the battery during install the computer will re-learn the air flow that comes with installing the air intake. No issue.

Back