Next oil change coming up. Board preference?

Lastly, there are boutique oils with plenty of BITOG fanboys, but no real-world payoff.
Are you sure this is true? You have seen my oil burning thread.

I think there are multiple lines of evidence that high end PAO/AN esther oils are good at cleaning and unsticking rings. So many HPL filter cut opens show so many carbon chunks.

[QUOTE="I I know.

And it's a Dodge Caravan, the off the shelf options at Walmart are 1000x good enough for it, assuming they are API SP and GF6.

;)
[/QUOTE]
It is a high power density V6 with the power of high-po V8's just a few years earlier.
True, the off the shelf oils should be good enough.
I see you are running a special oil in your van. Are you performing a cleaning cycle?
- Ken

It is a high power density V6 with the power of high-po V8's just a few years earlier.
True, the off the shelf oils should be good enough.
I see you are running a special oil in your van. Are you performing a cleaning cycle?
- Ken
I am. I also like the no VII that HPL makes. I don't know if I'd call it a "special oil" though. It's not like it's $30/qt or anything crazy, same price as their other oils.

Are you sure this is true? You have seen my oil burning thread.

I think there are multiple lines of evidence that high end PAO/AN esther oils are good at cleaning and unsticking rings. So many HPL filter cut opens show so many carbon chunks.
I'm fairly sure that the prudent course of action in a 90,000 mile caravan is one of the very excellent choices with good brand names that sell for between $22 and $34 for five quarts on Amazon. For cleaning, I think a few short OCI's and maybe Seafoam makes some sense. I would say that using a syn blend for this car was maybe just a shade on the parsimonious side. I would prefer a gentle, gradual return to cleanliness than "carbon chunks" in the filter. Regardless, if this vehicle will go 250,000 miles on PAO/AN Ester oils, it will go the same distance on Pennzoil UP, or even Quaker State Full Syn.

Back