New tool thread

5DF1916A-B706-4E7C-821D-BD7BB06253E8.jpeg

Had to rebuy this 😡. The first one failed after the first use. Pops wanted this one again. I wanted the Milwaukee since I’m making my main platform the Milwaukee and why would you want another one after it failed on the first use? The release button broke on the first one and would not eject the grease cartridge. $247 on sale for this one at least this one hasn’t failed yet I greased the entire truck today. We never sent the other one back because we lost the receipt so the company wouldn’t do anything for us nor would Tractor Supply where both were purchased.

View attachment 72564
Had to rebuy this 😡. The first one failed after the first use. Pops wanted this one again. I wanted the Milwaukee since I’m making my main platform the Milwaukee and why would you want another one after it failed on the first use? The release button broke on the first one and would not eject the grease cartridge. $247 on sale for this one at least this one hasn’t failed yet I greased the entire truck today. We never sent the other one back because we lost the receipt so the company wouldn’t do anything for us nor would Tractor Supply where both were purchased.
Return the other one with the receipt from this one.

I recently replace the serpentine belt and tensioner on my son's CRV. The worst part of the job is getting that belt back on the roller, very little space between bolt and frame. Hoping this tool will help or I can modify it if needed. Honda's for some crazy reason used different bolt sizes mine is 14 mm.

Attachments

• IMG_8010.JPG
    IMG_8010.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 32
Well another update so y'all can avoid my mistakes...the web site is still down but the link now has;

Update on the second www.milwaukeetoolusa.shop/ refund, seems the seller sent PayPal a tracking number of a local delivery and immediately opened a case that PayPal proceeded to rule in the seller's favor. Seller never contacts me with tracking number or I would have thought the order (whatever was delivered) was sent to the wrong address, and I would have contacted the post office first. Obviously a shrewd tactic for a seller to open a case right away, something ain't right...I think PayPal should have know and not closed the case so fast.

The PayPal assistant at first sides with case closed in favor of seller. I kept messaging because the tracking number at USPS only provides a delivery happened, no recipient address or package weight. Finally, the PayPal Assistant understands there is something wrong and this is what I understand to be me getting that refund soon;

I am going to the post office to follow-up with the tracking number being the USPS web site isn't responding as I tried to follow-up there by opening an account to tracking information. PayPal never provided me with any recipient address or package weight, so I don't know what they are looking at.

In the mean-time, just have to show-off my latest $9.99 pawn-shop buy, didn't really need another but it worked, only missing Philips #1 and I got the accessory package long ago;
View attachment 72547
Just to keep y'all in the loop, went to the Post Office and they confirmed the package associated with the tracking number was not delivered to my address and the weight of the package was 4 Lbs. not the expected 35 - 40 Lbs. 7 Milwaukee tools, 2 batteries and a charger weighs, reflected in a description here https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwau...lithium-ion-7-tool-combo-kit/miln2695-27.html.

I was given a print out of the Post Office stating the recipient address didn't match mine and I got the weight of the package delivered so I could also include that to PayPal, which has been sent. As of now, I am awaiting the PayPal correction time of 24 -48 hours.

And what I thought was the seller opening a case was said to be an automated process. My understanding was different as PayPal sent my initial email to the seller to have us work it out without PayPal involved. PayPal said once the seller provided tracking number the case was opened. I think PayPal could have matched at least 2 items on the seller provided tracking number, recipient address and weight to see it wasn't right before denying the automated case.

First my apology for those who may not be interested in this drama, I brought it on myself, just pass over it; but for those who may glean something from this or may just be curious about the outcome or process, I know I am...

Being I am referencing the last post, another PayPal update, got a email case decided for the seller although I'm not sure they meant to send this email, the lady that called me today told me they now would be in contact with the USPS and verify if the recipient address would match mine;
we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered
So I just wonder what is so hard about telling this shipment tracking number is not related to my order. I'm glad PayPal is able to allow for looking at it again, but I shouldn't have had to do that the first time the seller gave a tracking number that isn't reflecting me as the recipient. The first PayPal assistant I messaged initially wrote to me that it was delivered to the right address, that is specifically why I went to the local USPS, the tracking information said
Status Delivered, Left with Individual
and I was the only individual here at that time it could have been left with, if it actually was a wrong address delivery they would likely remember where the drop was at. But that was not the case and never was...I'm trying to patiently let this play out, it's obvious there's a shortcoming as this should have been a simple outcome, yet this is the 3rd time I had to make my case to PayPal. From now on insist all tracking numbers immediately, but I also wouldn't use PayPal outside of familiar entities anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
AED49713-20AF-4F17-9EDD-DC7D363E48FD.jpeg

New to me and free coworker gave it to me. Had a ton of them and asked if I wanted one I said heck yeah. You can’t have enough of them. I was hoping to have some more stuff to post but Snap-on never showed up so I texted him and he said he moved our day so it will be Monday or Tuesday that he stops by now. So now I’m angry because the thing I wanted goes off sale today maybe I can talk him into me getting it for the sale price.

Reactions: JC1
And finally got refunded for the second scam from the Tool Outlet front, I sure hope the sellers are no longer allowed to be sellers at PayPal, not sure of their policy on that but I hope it's not return the funds and scam another day...

And just to get back to the topic on hand, jokingly I told dad I would keep this as an advance on the inheritance, he's alright with that as long as he can borrow as necessary. It's the 3/4 inch drive set, not sure of the brand I was going to use it if necessary when doing the half shaft axles on the 4Runner. He was a construction company mechanic so unless his lottery number come up this is about it for inheritance, old tools, except for the tire machine he won't let go so easy...
20210930_170546.jpg

Napa has bought up some local parts suppliers in NZ and Aust over the last few years. There is now some Napa branding, but they are leaving the Repco brand alone, it's too well known to interfere with. I need a new 1/4 ratchet, my Teng composite is no good anymore, so have to use my expensive Snap-on, and I've never liked it. I'd prefer another Teng, but they are red now, but thought I'd give this Repco one a go...and a long 8mm for home, and a short 10mm for work...a long Koken 10mm has come home.

20211002_122500.jpg

And finally got refunded for the second scam from the Tool Outlet front, I sure hope the sellers are no longer allowed to be sellers at PayPal, not sure of their policy on that but I hope it's not return the funds and scam another day...

And just to get back to the topic on hand, jokingly I told dad I would keep this as an advance on the inheritance, he's alright with that as long as he can borrow as necessary. It's the 3/4 inch drive set, not sure of the brand I was going to use it if necessary when doing the half shaft axles on the 4Runner. He was a construction company mechanic so unless his lottery number come up this is about it for inheritance, old tools, except for the tire machine he won't let go so easy...
View attachment 72938
Looks like an old SK set, my dad has a similar one in 3/8" drive but without the rust, lol.

B918FA2C-A235-4D01-AC51-6350DD555574.jpeg
20615BB1-44D0-4EB7-AFBB-9BC4C379ADFE.jpeg
80AA805E-BE78-49F8-A8CE-3DF8A33C168E.jpeg
17DB6851-4075-459C-87F2-D9F67D6BA12C.jpeg
88CDAC06-A8A8-4CA3-912B-AE1925A4BCEF.jpeg
3081D923-ADB9-4FA8-8F7C-300226673E5B.jpeg

All new tools this weekend. I got the blow gun probably for home maybe for work not sure yet. The detail kit or whatever it is I bought for the mandrel piece for my die grinder since it didn’t include one. The Teflon tape to seal my air tool fittings and anything else I may need it for. Then the large lock nut sockets were on closeout for $10 each at Advance Auto but then got to the register and they rung up $5.15 I said heck yeah can’t beat that. Then the last picture is my pawn shop haul for $10. Also got two movies with that too.

Back