New tool thread

I got a few posts like that for tools so cheap it's way to good to be true. I guess there's a sucker born every minute and they think they can make a quick 5k per spam post.

I stopped buying things off eBay coming from China. Now they can claim shippong delays and when you try to submit a claim for refund, they say to wait a few more weeks it's in transit.
Just sent an email to ask for shipping details as it has been 8 days and nothing, web site is still up and yes it isn't low risk. Great to have you tracking that Rick505, something I obviously wasn't away of, amazing I stumbled across it on the second day it was open, could be like my luck with trouble lite cords and shinning in my eyes... Maybe I should have waited to put in the second order but it looked as if the sale prices would be expired at the end of the day and I was willing to risk a little more. I probably wouldn't buy one at full price retail otherwise, even most sale prices are hard to buy on, so I have to hold out on getting what I ordered or later be an angry fool trying to get his money back.

Best thing I ever got was a cheap thermostat for a spare, that summer the thermostat in 2005 Camry stuck shut, started to overheat but caught it right away and changed out, still working today 3 years later and I hollowed out the original for the spare because the housing needs the thermostat and gasket to seal. I usually try to buy from the stateside listing for most prices of what I would buy are within a few dollars.

Here's a few I bought recently as better values, 60 piece internal/external Torx set, seller said missing one, but everything appears to be there, 1/2 in drive Hex, open box from eBay, I wanted the 10mm Hex in a 1/2 drive, and the axle removal tools from Amazon, got the best price with point discount. Not the highest quality but at least it gives me options at a budget I am comfortable with for DIY stuff, and you all what it's like to get stuck when you don't have a tool. I also bought many small items at Harbor Freight, waiting for reason to join their club when I need a big purchase item, till then, I can get by.
20210918_132434.jpg

Last edited:
CFBE482B-7687-4FA2-B05F-D531F1311D3E.jpeg
756D3F8C-AE7F-4D1F-9BAC-C9868460D3FE.jpeg
E870A3C2-E289-46A5-BB69-16EC9AA9B487.jpeg

Snap-on showed up to fix my and another persons tools today so while I was on there I went ahead and picked up this. I had used my coworkers same one earlier and loved it so I got one for myself. Much cheaper than the one branded Snap-on too. Not as cheap as something like an Ingersoll Rand but I’m happy for the price I paid and plus I was happy Snap-on showed up to fix my ratchet. Parents probably going to kill me but oh well 😁.

I'll be following this as the site has only been in existence since Sept 10th

Domain Name: MILWAUKEETOOLUSA.SHOP
Registry Domain ID: DO6087287-GMO
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: https://www.dynadot.com/
Updated Date: 2021-09-15T03:51:15.0Z
Creation Date: 2021-09-10T03:40:33.0Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-09-10T23:59:59.0Z
Registrar: Dynadot, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 472
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6502620100
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Email:
Admin Email:
Tech Email:
Name Server: ANDERSON.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: RAQUEL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2021-09-18T15:08:59.0Z
Updated to I still don't have tracking numbers for my orders but I did receive a Lego in a small shipping envelope and I can't say it's related yet, but today was business day 8 and no Milwaukee Cordless Tools was delivered yet, "Standard Delivery - 3 to 10 business days". After reading their "About Us" Page I lost a lot of confidence and patience being I haven't ordered anything else lately and I doubt anyone sent me a Lego for free.

PayPal rules are you have to email seller first and ask for a refund, which I did twice today, once using the MILWAUKEETOOLUSA.SHOP web site option. PayPay only had 1 email and the second transaction doesn't list an email address, so I sent one email per order requesting the refund to the same address provided. PayPal will probably make me wait the full 10 business days, but I am really expecting best I'll get is another Lego by Friday, so then I'll have to start the next part to which you only get 20 days and if it's a scam I sure they have their ways of trying to run out the clock so PayPal goes in their favor. Thought ya'll might like to see the strange 1 Lego content of the envelope so you could laugh or cry for me...

Attachments

• 20210922_134953.jpg
    20210922_134953.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 26
Updated to I still don't have tracking numbers for my orders but I did receive a Lego in a small shipping envelope and I can't say it's related yet, but today was business day 8 and no Milwaukee Cordless Tools was delivered yet, "Standard Delivery - 3 to 10 business days". After reading their "About Us" Page I lost a lot of confidence and patience being I haven't ordered anything else lately and I doubt anyone sent me a Lego for free.

PayPal rules are you have to email seller first and ask for a refund, which I did twice today, once using the MILWAUKEETOOLUSA.SHOP web site option. PayPay only had 1 email and the second transaction doesn't list an email address, so I sent one email per order requesting the refund to the same address provided. PayPal will probably make me wait the full 10 business days, but I am really expecting best I'll get is another Lego by Friday, so then I'll have to start the next part to which you only get 20 days and if it's a scam I sure they have their ways of trying to run out the clock so PayPal goes in their favor. Thought ya'll might like to see the strange 1 Lego content of the envelope so you could laugh or cry for me...
That is a classic response from a fake company! They send you a small, cheap item. When you contact PayPal or the credit card, they say they delivered, and provide a tracking number as evidence that a product was delivered. Keep the picture of the Lego, as you will need this in your case against them.

I've been down that road before!

Reactions: GON
That is a classic response from a fake company! They send you a small, cheap item. When you contact PayPal or the credit card, they say they delivered, and provide a tracking number as evidence that a product was delivered. Keep the picture of the Lego, as you will need this in your case against them.

I've been down that road before!
Yeah, you'll need an unboxing video.

Yeah, you'll need an unboxing video.
Don't have that, so all I think I can do is wait their 10 business day shipping policy, Friday is day 10, and than complain to PayPal. I did email another 2 request for the refund via PayPal instructions. Good thing this came up on the recent Honda Generator thread otherwise I might not of known what to do with the Lego.

Seems I won't be getting at least 1 of my Milwaukee orders, it was refunded in moments from PayPal while I was putting in the other refund claim to which PayPal has not so readily refunded.

The web site www.milwaukeetoolusa.shop/ has been offline since yesterday and PayPal didn't have an email listed for this second seller so I'm not sure how PayPal sent my message but here's where I am with that;
You'll need to give some time for the seller to respond to your message. We suggest that you work with the seller to amicably resolve the issue before October 15, 2021 at 8:17:44 AM PDT.
if no refund is posted soon the next instruction is
If you're unable to resolve this issue with the seller, you can escalate it to a claim before October 15, 2021.

38C9A35D-A7F8-435D-A0D5-5A8CCDF9FF2E.jpeg

Lots of new additions today all used but still they are new to me so I feel it’s good to post. Got these and 6 DVD at the pawn shop for $20. Not like I needed more sockets but I did want them LOL. Tons of USA Craftsman a few old Western Auto things which are super cool and some old Fleet and SK and plenty of other brands too. The large pipe wrench is for my dad he wanted one to carry in case he can’t break the oil cap loose on his truck because sometimes it’s very seized. That was about $30 or $40 last time we were at Lowe’s so I was pleased at the price we got it for. I also keep finding those full boxes of bulbs you see in the box I got about 5 boxes last time two this time probably more I didn’t see too they are auto bulbs. Man I got a lot of sorting to do. Nothing here will be going to work except maybe one or two of the nut drivers. There is one broken Craftsman thing but they require the old stuff back now before new ones are sent out which takes too much time. The only good thing is they pay shipping but still pretty inconvenient if you ask me and why are the worried about getting 30+ year old Sears tools back? Unless they are just telling me it’s their new policy since I have used the warranty a lot.

Not automotive, but ordered these from Amazon so I can make my own Ethernet cables. Had some cheaper RJ45 Crimper which was a piece of junk. The Klein is much better quality.

I made three cables one was 18 inches long and the others 25 ft plus. Cable tester confirmed they were good.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_173433806.jpg
    IMG_20210925_173433806.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210925_173437454.jpg
    IMG_20210925_173437454.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210925_182326370.jpg
    IMG_20210925_182326370.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210925_182357580.jpg
    IMG_20210925_182357580.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 16
Just curious if anyone has looked at craftsman v-series line of tools or seen one in store somewhere, seems like a higher end lineup comparable or competition to HF Icon line. Ace hardware is the only place i've found that actually has them available for order, lowes has them on their website but unavailable. Websites don't say where it's made or country of origin but the pricing is kind of up there.

Well another update so y'all can avoid my mistakes...the web site is still down but the link now has;
This domain is registered at Dynadot.com. Website coming soon.
Seems I won't be getting at least 1 of my Milwaukee orders, it was refunded in moments from PayPal while I was putting in the other refund claim to which PayPal has not so readily refunded.

The web site www.milwaukeetoolusa.shop/ has been offline since yesterday and PayPal didn't have an email listed for this second seller so I'm not sure how PayPal sent my message but here's where I am with that;

if no refund is posted soon the next instruction is
Update on the second www.milwaukeetoolusa.shop/ refund, seems the seller sent PayPal a tracking number of a local delivery and immediately opened a case that PayPal proceeded to rule in the seller's favor. Seller never contacts me with tracking number or I would have thought the order (whatever was delivered) was sent to the wrong address, and I would have contacted the post office first. Obviously a shrewd tactic for a seller to open a case right away, something ain't right...I think PayPal should have know and not closed the case so fast.

The PayPal assistant at first sides with case closed in favor of seller. I kept messaging because the tracking number at USPS only provides a delivery happened, no recipient address or package weight. Finally, the PayPal Assistant understands there is something wrong and this is what I understand to be me getting that refund soon;
Rest assured, we will do our best to help you win the case and get back your money, and put it back to the original funding source. Just give us time between 24-48 hours to settle the case on your behalf.
I am going to the post office to follow-up with the tracking number being the USPS web site isn't responding as I tried to follow-up there by opening an account to tracking information. PayPal never provided me with any recipient address or package weight, so I don't know what they are looking at.

In the mean-time, just have to show-off my latest $9.99 pawn-shop buy, didn't really need another but it worked, only missing Philips #1 and I got the accessory package long ago;
20210926_195315.jpg

Last edited:
Back