New tool thread

This Factory Outlet site is having a sale on some Milwaukee tools, and if all goes as planned, I am getting the M18 Fuel 1/2 Drive Impact with 2 batteries and charger $84, and the 7 piece combo with the M18 Fuel 1/2 drive mid-torque impact, $99, yes seems too good to be true. I came across it while I was going to get a 1/2 cordless impact off eBay for ~$50, ad came up in a search and at these prices I thought close enough I'd risk it going through PayPal and that's how they have the site set-up, I didn't see any other pay option, I'll update when I get it, the sale is done in 8 hours so I thought I'd mention it now. Sellers had Asian Character id's when I paid through PayPal, similar to what I likely would have gotten off eBay sellers, I had 2 different seller's because I bought the items separately, not realizing all the options initially.

Here's today's $1 'chicken pliers' from Habitat for Humanity Restore, along with various previous small buys, offset wrenches at low cost always a must, and the 1/4 drive socket set has the 14mm, missing was the 8mm, but I have that in another set. The Pro-Grade tools come from Fleet Farm, Gear Wrench and ratcheting wrenches from pawn shop finds.
20210911_170120.jpg

Last edited:
$99 for 7 Milwaukee cordless tools smells like a gigantic scam.
Yeah the likelihood of somebody actually selling new, current model stuff like this at 1/10th retail (that kit is $1,000 at Depot for instance) is zilch.

Best bet if you're looking for a deal is to wait for a manufacturer's "buy one of these, get one of those" specials. I wanted but didn't need right away a 1/2" impact, so when Makita had a buy the 2 batteries and charger kit, get the XWT14 for free, I jumped on it.

jeff

Reactions: JC1
Yes, well aware of that, I buy stuff on eBay like this and I know it could be a scam, I'll have to update on that, so far I haven't received any tracking numbers, the site says "All orders are processed and shipped within 1 working days of the order being received". The second order took over-nite to process at PayPal and that says "General merchandise - all orders are processed and shipped within 7 working" on both transactions, so all I can do is wait it out, but while I'm doing that I'm going to check the pawn shop inventory pricing for tools that use the same battery pack. The time has reset for some of these clearance sale items, was just over 17 hours for the one I looked at, so it likely set for another 24 hours over-nite.

This risk I am willing to take, at worse-case I'd be out $183, best-case I'll be very surprised but I just want a cordless 1/2 drive impact so I don't always have to air up the compressor for mostly tire swaps. There is some hope of recourse if worst case to get my money back, but I think this is just as it says, a factory outlet clearance sale and I am dealing with a foreign seller, just seems to cut out the middle-man mark-up and some may have a different opinion of that but I chose to follow my interest and can't do much about the middle-man getting cut-out, many things are built over-sea's and are of use at price-points I prefer. I didn't make this system and definitely have different organizational skills to be generous, at my level I am just going to work on my empire.

Last edited:
8417AC09-3132-4C25-938C-1E41AB5C5758.jpeg
C111399C-0CDF-453E-A90A-473A8E7D4579.jpeg
1D01A6AD-68AD-4181-A293-843972A60CFB.jpeg
CD3E1AB4-5BD5-4DE1-9D94-B2DF0639730C.jpeg
5DB59943-DD41-48EA-8EA8-765D84E5D8BC.jpeg
6C08DF90-832B-4B45-BB89-F2203523E08A.jpeg
BD39806D-842C-4EDF-884B-A199ACC9E882.jpeg

A5B6DA47-16CA-459F-B755-BFF0454E9DC4.jpeg
A8350228-F25B-48A0-945E-DAAE7463A936.jpeg

*New to me tools* lol. Got all this at the pawn shop for $50. The lug nut sockets are gently used only the 19 and 21 show any use on them. I have never seen a harmonic balancer installer before I’ve seen the pullers before. So that was interesting. The installer, lug nut sockets and impact driver were all bundled together so I didn’t know what was in them. I feel I got a good deal. Love going to the pawn shop since Saturday is the only day we can go we go every Saturday. They have done me well the last 2.5 years we have been going. And yes I got more sockets none that I needed all were wants I already have over 2,000 sockets and am not stopping buying them anytime soon.

1631584505565.jpg

Picked up this 155 piece tool set from Costco clearance for $59.97. I didn't know IR made hand tool sets. These are made in Taiwan and quality seems decent enough. Will likely take this set to the junkyard and for road trips since it's organized in a case. Usually my wife doesn't know about my tool purchases, but she did approve this buy as she was with me.

View attachment 25277

This thing works great.
Oh yes, seen a similar OBD2 tool called JDiag on eBay for about 1/3 the price, the interface was surprisingly similar and the functions about the same, bought 2 of them. I also got the next step up when it was first released but it was returned as it didn't work on wireless, I think the early release software was not finished right. The other thing I was glad to return it was I think you would have to basically sign into their web site every-time you used it, I'd prefer not to have that nuance being I could only connect at home with a tablet I use, no smart phone here.

No update on that Milwaukee Factory Outlet purchase previously mentioned, looked at both my email and their account web site for shipping order. What I think happens is the shipper may be located here in the states, but the physical location of the item is a warehouse at or near their factory location. Item ordered then is put in a shipment on a plane then sent to stateside seller's location where it is shipped to recipient. I think this might be related to what they call a 'drop shipment'. I also checked the PayPal account and it does have an option to contact the seller up to March 2022. So what I expect is to have shipping details about Wednesday if all my wishes come true, that is 1 days flight and then seller is dispersing orders from that shipment. Only a guess though, they'll probably never let me in on what goes on behind the scenes...

Snap-on thread chasers kits are made by Lang, Don't pay truck prices for rebranded merchandise!
Thanks for telling me. I didn’t know that. I know there are many other rebranded things as well that I try to make sure I’m not buying something for more expensive. The thread set is in the flyer this month for $148 so if Lang has it cheaper then I’ll buy the Lang.

Last edited:
The Lang 971 retails for @ $90, I also recommend the Lang 2599 for axles & spindles....Also retails for @ $90.

Summit Racing has both & ships free on orders over $100.
Thanks I’ll have to pick up the spindle set too. I know I’ve mistakenly mushroomed a few and had to smooth out the end and create or fix the threads. Luckily some of the guys had those sets but I need to get my own. Glad you told me about this before I went with Snap-on. Just hope they have a good warranty if they do break. Now I just hope my Snap-on guy doesn’t remember that I wanted one when he gets them in…..

Yes, well aware of that, I buy stuff on eBay like this and I know it could be a scam, I'll have to update on that, so far I haven't received any tracking numbers, the site says "All orders are processed and shipped within 1 working days of the order being received". The second order took over-nite to process at PayPal and that says "General merchandise - all orders are processed and shipped within 7 working" on both transactions, so all I can do is wait it out, but while I'm doing that I'm going to check the pawn shop inventory pricing for tools that use the same battery pack. The time has reset for some of these clearance sale items, was just over 17 hours for the one I looked at, so it likely set for another 24 hours over-nite.

This risk I am willing to take, at worse-case I'd be out $183, best-case I'll be very surprised but I just want a cordless 1/2 drive impact so I don't always have to air up the compressor for mostly tire swaps. There is some hope of recourse if worst case to get my money back, but I think this is just as it says, a factory outlet clearance sale and I am dealing with a foreign seller, just seems to cut out the middle-man mark-up and some may have a different opinion of that but I chose to follow my interest and can't do much about the middle-man getting cut-out, many things are built over-sea's and are of use at price-points I prefer. I didn't make this system and definitely have different organizational skills to be generous, at my level I am just going to work on my empire.
I got a few posts like that for tools so cheap it's way to good to be true. I guess there's a sucker born every minute and they think they can make a quick 5k per spam post.

I stopped buying things off eBay coming from China. Now they can claim shippong delays and when you try to submit a claim for refund, they say to wait a few more weeks it's in transit.

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread. I love seeing all the tools I may never use but have to have now that I've seen them. I hate my credit card bill at the end of the month after I get it!

My workplace refrigeration guy gifted me this fin comb set to repair damaged cooling fins. I never knew such a tool existed. Maybe it could be used on vehicle radiators? Made in USA, yay!
View attachment 71469
Must be a couple people making their living making these.

As for some ebay sales from China not arriving, or fakes, I wouldn’t buy from them. eBay can only chase them so far, and probably eats the refund. It has to be some game like that. Just boycott the whole shenanigans.

I'll be following this as the site has only been in existence since Sept 10th

Domain Name: MILWAUKEETOOLUSA.SHOP
Registry Domain ID: DO6087287-GMO
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: https://www.dynadot.com/
Updated Date: 2021-09-15T03:51:15.0Z
Creation Date: 2021-09-10T03:40:33.0Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-09-10T23:59:59.0Z
Registrar: Dynadot, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 472
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6502620100
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Email:
Admin Email:
Tech Email:
Name Server: ANDERSON.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: RAQUEL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2021-09-18T15:08:59.0Z <<<

Back