New tool thread

View attachment 121537
Stretch belt removal and installation tool. Never bought one because I was always told they were a gimmick. I kind of believe that after today cause it doesn’t really work that well the magnet is pretty weak. It was free to me though so I’m not complaining. Dad bought this thinking we could get the serpentine belt on with it. Definitely wrong lol. Still fighting with the serpentine belt. It matches up perfectly and is routed correctly but I think the issue is the tensioner is not going down all the way but I want to confirm that before we throw a new one on. We cannot for the life of us get the belt around the smooth water pump pulley. My brother in law tried too he is the strongest guy we know he couldn’t do it either. He couldn’t ever get his on either and had to have it towed to his buddies shop. I’m not one to give up though so I won’t let this defeat me. I probably need to replace the tensioner as my stupid head decided to use a 12 point socket at first and partially rounded it off then I remember I had my Gearwrench serpentine belt tool lol. Didn’t have a 6 point 19mm shallow 1/2 drive or even 3/4 to use except at work and the 3/8 wasn’t enough. Probably about time for a new one anyway as it’s original from 2004. Since I have Toyota resources again I’m going to search for known problems with these as this isn’t my first rodeo with these. We really don’t want to sink tons of money into it as it’s worn out but we can’t afford a new car right now if we can’t get it out from the dust comes our Jeep or Van.
My favorite belt remover/installation tool is my hand, bwahahaha... just did the most annoying one yet a few days ago and once I was able to actually have access to the pulleys it was a smooth process.

Esco shorties. These fit under a Tesla, TSX, GS350, etc much better than the full size. In fact, I think the only time I used the full size was on the Tundra. $125 for the pair at Amazon.
I shudder at the things I used to do under a car with no jackstands when I was young. Beyond stupid. I didn't know any better. The wrench gods were watching over me, for sure.
1666220653195.jpg

Esco shorties. These fit under a Tesla, TSX, GS350, etc much better than the full size. In fact, I think the only time I used the full size was on the Tundra. $125 for the pair at Amazon.
I shudder at the things I used to do under a car with no jackstands when I was young. Beyond stupid. I didn't know any better. The wrench gods were watching over me, for sure.
View attachment 121965
What is their maximum height?

Honest question - what oil are you changing on a Tesla? How often?
Astro, it was a joke. After rotating the tires one time in the pig heavy Model 3, it was clear that this car needed jack stands better suited to it. My older stands were just too big; I used 2 floor jacks.
I regularly service numerous friends cars, brakes, etc. They are all low. The shorties will get lotsa use.

The only Tesla fluid service I am aware of is a brake fluid brake fluid test every 2 years.
The Tesla electric motor uses oil to lubricate and cool the gear reduction and differential. The oil also acts as coolant. It is possible this has a service interval; others may chime in.

Astro, it was a joke. After rotating the tires one time in the pig heavy Model 3, it was clear that this car needed jack stands better suited to it. My older stands were just too big; I used 2 floor jacks.
I regularly service numerous friends cars, brakes, etc. They are all low. The shorties will get lotsa use.

The only Tesla fluid service I am aware of is a brake fluid brake fluid test every 2 years.
The Tesla electric motor uses oil to lubricate and cool the gear reduction and differential. The oil also acts as coolant. It is possible this has a service interval; others may chime in.
I missed the joke, sorry. I thought there might be gear oil, perhaps…

All good!

View attachment 121177View attachment 121178View attachment 121179View attachment 121180View attachment 121181View attachment 121182
Some new tools for me and new to me tools too haha. The top Craftsman stuff and the die cast beetles my dad got for me for fixing his car and losing a 10mm socket and a 12mm wrench lol. He said he didn’t get me a 12mm wrench because he knows the new Craftsman and Kobalt ones are horrible and I said yeah I’m glad you got the socket instead. The extension just because I guess lol. And I needed the gasket scraper because mine at home sucks so he picked that up too so hopefully it will work good as I have another water pump to do this weekend on his friends Grand Am. I still want to get one of the USA made ones from Walmart too. Even if the Craftsman one isn’t the best it was still a gift so I’ll always appreciate it and keep it. I absolutely love the die cast beetles I collect those and don’t have red or blue yet. I’m really happy Lowes always has them.

For the next pictures I got those in a trade. I had an underpowered Matco screw gun up for sale or trade and a member over on GJ showed interest and we traded a few things. I traded the screw gun, Mac 1/4 roto head ratchet that I hated the handle on and a Mac 15mm 1/4 drive socket that would not fit my rail in my cart which I had bought it for and some cash for all of this stuff. I love the wrenches I never had extremely nice SAE stuff because I don’t want to spend hefty money on it when I rarely use it on a daily basis unless working on dads truck or our van occasionally. Now I have almost a complete set just have to get a few more sizes which I’ll get used most likely. I have a few more that I’ve had from the pawn shop. And I needed the stubby wrenches set as I only have some cheapie HF ones that aren’t great. This one is missing 14mm which I have to have so I’ll order one and a 7 and 16 which I rarely use except on my Fords lol. Was happy to find he had a nice Williams set available now I just need SAE. A swivel Mac spark plug socket and a swivel Snap-on one too. And a Craftsman USA long flex head because I love Craftsman USA stuff and I like ratchets of this length they are always my go to’s. I’m happy with what I traded and what I got.

Edit because I forgot I also got two Snap-on flare nut wrenches both 3/8x7/16 one old font, one new. Also forgot to take pictures of those but oh well.

Like those BUGs . Wonder if available in Sky Blue ( Pastel Blue ) or Baby Blue . Had V.W. Beetle that color . Learned stick with it .

6D49FEC5-5739-4877-93C1-85DFB739DF30.jpeg
04E541CD-9296-4BD9-B56F-0BA8E41607F1.jpeg
40FDBB6A-0C19-4FF4-A2CA-4AFC5435A7BA.jpeg

New tools this week. First picture is money lol 😂. Didn’t plan on buying a light but this is the updated one that you can actually remove the battery and charge it separately and not have to charge the entire light. Plus it’s orange lol I’ve only ever seen the red in these. My neighbor has several of these and I’m constantly using them so I had to get my own. The 1/4 roto head that I ordered awhile ago. I traded my Mac one with some other tools because I hated the handle. I wish they made these in hard handle but I’m learning to like the soft grip a bit more. And some wire brush type attachments for my 1/4 hex impact. Great for battery terminals and a bunch of other things too.

Second Mac socks these with green print.

Third Matco serpentine belt tool. Also bought two magnetic mats but forgot to take a picture of those. Probably going to lay off the Matco for awhile as my bill is over $1,000 now so I need to get it down to be in a comfortable spot, I hate debt. With the $1300 I owe them now from buying the impact last week and the $1500 I owe Snap-on yeah I’ve got to lay off awhile. At least I only am obligated to pay on my pay weeks and not every week though I try and pay Snap-on every week provided he shows up. At least I don’t owe Mac anything though I am thinking of buying some more stuff though.

New TPMS tool. I was able to reset my sensors on my winter tires on my 2008 Suburban. I pressed the lock and unlock button on my FOB and the horn honked twice. I then started with the from front left tire, put the end of the black stubby antennae again the rubber adjacent to the tire valve ( where the sensor is located), and pressed the button. A few seconds later the horn honked. Repeated for the other three tires, front right, rear right then rear left. At the rear left the horn honked twice. Price is in Canadian dollars. Multiply by 0.7. About $15 USD.

13F3F218-E43E-4245-B37A-A6AA9BF318D8.jpeg
F6BCD48A-5F30-4619-9A93-1C9DDDA21333.jpeg
90CD9C05-89D7-4B3B-B1F6-2937419AD685.jpeg
CC0FB0E3-B4CB-41E8-8327-91BDCAF36CEF.jpeg
0CBCD6AC-A1BE-40EC-8464-4C7BD94BCD8C.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 122120View attachment 122121View attachment 122122
New tools this week. First picture is money lol 😂. Didn’t plan on buying a light but this is the updated one that you can actually remove the battery and charge it separately and not have to charge the entire light. Plus it’s orange lol I’ve only ever seen the red in these. My neighbor has several of these and I’m constantly using them so I had to get my own. The 1/4 roto head that I ordered awhile ago. I traded my Mac one with some other tools because I hated the handle. I wish they made these in hard handle but I’m learning to like the soft grip a bit more. And some wire brush type attachments for my 1/4 hex impact. Great for battery terminals and a bunch of other things too.

Second Mac socks these with green print.

Third Matco serpentine belt tool. Also bought two magnetic mats but forgot to take a picture of those. Probably going to lay off the Matco for awhile as my bill is over $1,000 now so I need to get it down to be in a comfortable spot, I hate debt. With the $1300 I owe them now from buying the impact last week and the $1500 I owe Snap-on yeah I’ve got to lay off awhile. At least I only am obligated to pay on my pay weeks and not every week though I try and pay Snap-on every week provided he shows up. At least I don’t owe Mac anything though I am thinking of buying some more stuff though.
Look Like I'm Okay.jpg

My FB Market place find today. I've been wanting one of these for a while to have just in case I ever have an issue when eventually changing plugs in my fiance's 2007 Mustang GT with the two piece plugs.

The guy said he only used it twice and I paid $10 for it. All the parts are there and in good shape.
tYs968Pl.jpg

yDoSaFGl.jpg

You couldnt get any better deal than that if you knocked him off the head with a club and ran off with it.
Yes, that is definitely the cheapest I have ever seen it sell for used. That is why I jumped on it when I saw it. I did have to drive 30 miles to get it but it was worth it.

I guess he used it on a Ford 5.4L and wanted to know if I had one. I said no and he said it was a huge piece of junk and he got rid of it and that is why he didn't need the tool anymore.

Esco shorties. 11" Min to 17" Max height. The pic is at the low height. Teslas are low and pig heavy. These will help with the tire rotations but not oil changes.
Tesla's need oil changes? I know Elon can be crazy at times, but OMG......

I just saw the joke part as Astro asked the same question. Maybe some blinker fluid needs changing too 🤣🤣🤣.

Tesla's need oil changes? I know Elon can be crazy at times, but OMG......

I just saw the joke part as Astro asked the same question. Maybe some blinker fluid needs changing too 🤣🤣🤣.
Basically you add windshield wiper fluid, check brake fluid, clean and lube brakes in inclement weather evey couple of years. Brakes don't get nearly the use due to regenerative braking.

Reactions: JC1
For cleaning up wheel studs on GM trucks. A bit hard to notice but it has a hex so it can be rotated with a socket.

It's not advisable to use thread cutting tools on wheel studs, A Thread Chasing Die would be the correct tool for cleaning up the threads. I know Lang makes one as part of a kit....But call them & they'll likely sell a individual Die.

Back