New tool thread

View attachment 119339View attachment 119340View attachment 119341View attachment 119342View attachment 119343View attachment 119344View attachment 119345
View attachment 119346More new to me tools arrived in the mail today. Oh and coins in the same package as a surprise lol but that’s great cause he knew I collected coins and currency. Only paid for the top 4 photos. Rest the guy threw in for me which I appreciate. Bought from GJ classifieds. I mainly bought for the Craftsman dog bone wrench and the Rigid pipe wrench as I lack pipe wrenches and the dog bone wrench is cool lol. Never seen a Craftsman branded one before. All the hand tools besides the pipe wrench is Craftsman USA. Not sure on the age of the non quick release ratchet with the oil port on top. The pliers in the second to last photo are Channellock brand just missing the blue grips. And yes I kind of wanted the meter too 😁.
The meter that is marked "IBM" is actually a rebranded Triplett 310. Back in the day Triplett made very high quality multimeters.

18530664-674B-4DC1-9CC8-6FA5EA39C157.jpeg
26E672B7-F7A9-41C8-A2E5-58AA8F6377D4.jpeg
3B13F284-DFDA-445E-BAB8-418DAD1EF9C3.jpeg
DBB98732-10D3-4A2B-87C4-082278C60A30.jpeg

Some new Matco stuff today. A new knife this one I plan to keep in my pocket all the time. And a new impact which is needed because everyone has used my Milwaukee so much that the batteries keep going bad. So I’m tired of dealing with that. Got the pink so maybe they won’t want to use this. Plus I like pink stuff and it goes to a good cause. And I believe air will last longer than battery. I’m still keeping the Milwaukee but not for daily use like it has been. Yes I’m aware that Ingersoll Rand makes their impacts but this one is special plus I didn’t have to go somewhere to buy it. I’ve been waiting since October started for the pink stuff to roll out lol. It’s definitely a good looking impact and it’s composite so it’s light unlike my Milwaukee too.

View attachment 120892View attachment 120893View attachment 120894View attachment 120895
Some new Matco stuff today. A new knife this one I plan to keep in my pocket all the time. And a new impact which is needed because everyone has used my Milwaukee so much that the batteries keep going bad. So I’m tired of dealing with that. Got the pink so maybe they won’t want to use this. Plus I like pink stuff and it goes to a good cause. And I believe air will last longer than battery. I’m still keeping the Milwaukee but not for daily use like it has been. Yes I’m aware that Ingersoll Rand makes their impacts but this one is special plus I didn’t have to go somewhere to buy it. I’ve been waiting since October started for the pink stuff to roll out lol. It’s definitely a good looking impact and it’s composite so it’s light unlike my Milwaukee too.
My wife has this irrational hatred of pink. She'd be so pissed if I bought pink tools. She won't even let me keep pink flagging tape in my truck for loads that extend beyond the tailgate.

My wife has this irrational hatred of pink. She'd be so pissed if I bought pink tools. She won't even let me keep pink flagging tape in my truck for loads that extend beyond the tailgate.
Haha. That sounds exactly like my sister. I haven’t ever met a girl who didn’t like pink lol. I guess there is more than one out there.

View attachment 120892View attachment 120893View attachment 120894View attachment 120895
If you have to buy new tools, because other people wore out your previous tools, then you need to start charging a hefty fee for loaning them out. Those people are taking advantage of you, using up your stuff and you pay for their use.

That has to stop.

4395F18F-C326-4431-860D-A8B447F9DED1.jpeg
20A425A9-DEC6-4C0D-914A-18EE98680AB9.jpeg
5E292FEB-D8FD-4B5B-B6D8-ACE5565B04FF.jpeg
142153DA-0DB9-4FBF-9357-DC3840A5BCEE.jpeg
0D8FD39E-D4FF-4FAA-9221-68F9B09B597D.jpeg
876B6DCC-5560-4711-8700-ED2A6AF248B3.jpeg

Some new tools for me and new to me tools too haha. The top Craftsman stuff and the die cast beetles my dad got for me for fixing his car and losing a 10mm socket and a 12mm wrench lol. He said he didn’t get me a 12mm wrench because he knows the new Craftsman and Kobalt ones are horrible and I said yeah I’m glad you got the socket instead. The extension just because I guess lol. And I needed the gasket scraper because mine at home sucks so he picked that up too so hopefully it will work good as I have another water pump to do this weekend on his friends Grand Am. I still want to get one of the USA made ones from Walmart too. Even if the Craftsman one isn’t the best it was still a gift so I’ll always appreciate it and keep it. I absolutely love the die cast beetles I collect those and don’t have red or blue yet. I’m really happy Lowes always has them.

For the next pictures I got those in a trade. I had an underpowered Matco screw gun up for sale or trade and a member over on GJ showed interest and we traded a few things. I traded the screw gun, Mac 1/4 roto head ratchet that I hated the handle on and a Mac 15mm 1/4 drive socket that would not fit my rail in my cart which I had bought it for and some cash for all of this stuff. I love the wrenches I never had extremely nice SAE stuff because I don’t want to spend hefty money on it when I rarely use it on a daily basis unless working on dads truck or our van occasionally. Now I have almost a complete set just have to get a few more sizes which I’ll get used most likely. I have a few more that I’ve had from the pawn shop. And I needed the stubby wrenches set as I only have some cheapie HF ones that aren’t great. This one is missing 14mm which I have to have so I’ll order one and a 7 and 16 which I rarely use except on my Fords lol. Was happy to find he had a nice Williams set available now I just need SAE. A swivel Mac spark plug socket and a swivel Snap-on one too. And a Craftsman USA long flex head because I love Craftsman USA stuff and I like ratchets of this length they are always my go to’s. I’m happy with what I traded and what I got.

Edit because I forgot I also got two Snap-on flare nut wrenches both 3/8x7/16 one old font, one new. Also forgot to take pictures of those but oh well.

Last edited:
EB195B27-4187-4A9D-ACA4-FFFDC8472A89.jpeg

Stretch belt removal and installation tool. Never bought one because I was always told they were a gimmick. I kind of believe that after today cause it doesn’t really work that well the magnet is pretty weak. It was free to me though so I’m not complaining. Dad bought this thinking we could get the serpentine belt on with it. Definitely wrong lol. Still fighting with the serpentine belt. It matches up perfectly and is routed correctly but I think the issue is the tensioner is not going down all the way but I want to confirm that before we throw a new one on. We cannot for the life of us get the belt around the smooth water pump pulley. My brother in law tried too he is the strongest guy we know he couldn’t do it either. He couldn’t ever get his on either and had to have it towed to his buddies shop. I’m not one to give up though so I won’t let this defeat me. I probably need to replace the tensioner as my stupid head decided to use a 12 point socket at first and partially rounded it off then I remember I had my Gearwrench serpentine belt tool lol. Didn’t have a 6 point 19mm shallow 1/2 drive or even 3/4 to use except at work and the 3/8 wasn’t enough. Probably about time for a new one anyway as it’s original from 2004. Since I have Toyota resources again I’m going to search for known problems with these as this isn’t my first rodeo with these. We really don’t want to sink tons of money into it as it’s worn out but we can’t afford a new car right now if we can’t get it out from the dust comes our Jeep or Van.

View attachment 121537
Stretch belt removal and installation tool. Never bought one because I was always told they were a gimmick. I kind of believe that after today cause it doesn’t really work that well the magnet is pretty weak. It was free to me though so I’m not complaining. Dad bought this thinking we could get the serpentine belt on with it. Definitely wrong lol. Still fighting with the serpentine belt. It matches up perfectly and is routed correctly but I think the issue is the tensioner is not going down all the way but I want to confirm that before we throw a new one on. We cannot for the life of us get the belt around the smooth water pump pulley. My brother in law tried too he is the strongest guy we know he couldn’t do it either. He couldn’t ever get his on either and had to have it towed to his buddies shop. I’m not one to give up though so I won’t let this defeat me. I probably need to replace the tensioner as my stupid head decided to use a 12 point socket at first and partially rounded it off then I remember I had my Gearwrench serpentine belt tool lol. Didn’t have a 6 point 19mm shallow 1/2 drive or even 3/4 to use except at work and the 3/8 wasn’t enough. Probably about time for a new one anyway as it’s original from 2004. Since I have Toyota resources again I’m going to search for known problems with these as this isn’t my first rodeo with these. We really don’t want to sink tons of money into it as it’s worn out but we can’t afford a new car right now if we can’t get it out from the dust comes our Jeep or Van.
Yeah I couldn't get it to work on an '07 CX-9 with 3.5. Wound up using zip ties. But I can see where it might be useful in other applications

A local fastener business is closing up. I scored these three drill indexes for $200. They're ~70% full of US bits. I'm guessing retail on the bits alone at $600 not including the Huot indexes. As a self-employed machinist I definitely use a drill bit or two....
20221016_182922.jpg
20221016_214135.jpg

A local fastener business is closing up. I scored these three drill indexes for $200. They're ~70% full of US bits. I'm guessing retail on the bits alone at $600 not including the Huot indexes. As a self-employed machinist I definitely use a drill bit or two....View attachment 121562View attachment 121563
Everyone's talking this up as a great purchase but frankly I see an awful lot of holes in this one. :oops:

(y) . Should be easy to spot .

94918A6B-E4BB-4C8E-A8EF-5E06CBC98485.jpeg
E8F754E3-AEF9-4665-9083-F3D5B0563D83.jpeg
F641C822-AF03-48DD-9D09-CC129E576DC9.jpeg
3CC5FB2C-61FF-4553-A95C-E921A94F5F4C.jpeg
F52D70A3-A90C-4188-A228-7C0F26C5C098.jpeg

Some new tools and some that are new to me lol. The top picture is a metric 1/4 drive socket tray from Rural King got that because I’ve already filled up several of them and keep getting more sockets lol. I’ve grown to like 1/4 drive a lot more recently but still not enough to grab over a 3/8 drive. I needed the adapter because I actually only have one adapter that’s a 3/8 to 1/2 (at least that I can remember unless it’s somewhere in the totes with my miscellaneous sockets). I got this one for the house the one I have is at work. Made in Taiwan for those who are curious.

The next pictures are all my finds at the pawn shop on Saturday for $40 everything you see. I love when I find toolboxes full of miscellaneous tools. Most of the stuff in there is Craftsman USA or Husky USA. There are a few Western Auto and Herbrand and Barcalo Buffalo and Sheffield, SK and SK Wayne and whatever else you can think of lol. Also a Craftsman Vanadium with a CI date code. So dating to 1930-45. Mainly only two sizes though and that’s 7/16 and 1/2 I’m guessing someone had something that used those sizes for everything because there are several duplicates of both. All the rest of the Craftsman stuff is =V= or -V- and one EE series. Probably someone who just bought random tools as they went along to do stuff lol. But nothing wrong with that. The cardboard box and the large Williams 1 1/8 wrench was what I picked out. They like me and my dad at this pawn shop pretty well we have been regulars going on 4 years now. They tell us we can fill a box with tools for $20 whatever we want for hand tools and around my birthday and around Christmas time they usually do $10 for us and we hand them a $20 and tell the guy we deal with to keep the rest. They don’t care about tools they like guns, gold and coins and music stuff. I had debated about sticking that entire toolbox in there LOL. I’m lucky to have an awesome pawn shop in my area. Whenever we buy DVD in there the guy jokes with us and says now how can you watch a movie and fix cars at the same time. Haha.

A local fastener business is closing up. I scored these three drill indexes for $200. They're ~70% full of US bits. I'm guessing retail on the bits alone at $600 not including the Huot indexes. As a self-employed machinist I definitely use a drill bit or two....

I'll give twice what you paid!

Back