New tool thread

In my opinion yes absolutely. Everything about them is easier. Simpler oil changes, mostly easy to get too parts. I enjoy it a heck of a lot more than Toyota and their annoying skid plates and stupid designs.
I bet you don't enjoy changing spark plugs on Subarus. ;) But I suppose some Toyota V6 engines have spark plugs that are also a challenge to change.

B4544323-BB56-42AD-9BB4-E93236A1C55F.jpeg
080719B6-AA2D-495B-A991-9A3EEB5EBAFB.jpeg
1153BF77-8AEA-4570-B71E-B63AFDC96B39.jpeg

Some stuff from Advance Auto. What weekend would it be without me going to the parts store for tools lol 😂. DieHard metric wrench set. Mainly bought because I needed a little bit longer 12mm for some leverage. They had a NOS TEQ Correct wrench 12mm but it was almost as half the price as a set plus I like the DieHard wrenches for their copy of flank drive on the open end. And then a 1 1/2 inch extension I have the same one at work and this is just the right length for the bottom bolt on the water pump of my dads car. And then a 1/4 3/8 drive socket just because lol.

View attachment 120677
I also hunted down the Snap-On truck today to get a set of these. I love talon grips and large pliers so my initial impressions on these are very good. I think they will become quite useful.
My Snapon man put a pair on my toolbox for helping him out with a problem on his truck. He said they would become my favorite pliers and he was right. They are awesome

View attachment 120677
I also hunted down the Snap-On truck today to get a set of these. I love talon grips and large pliers so my initial impressions on these are very good. I think they will become quite useful.
I took my best half's car for an alignment today. The Snap On truck came by while I was there. An omen. So since I've read so many comments on these pliers I bought a pair. As in one. Not sure why we call them a pair of pliers when there's only one but there it is.

No complaints with my garage tool box other than it is packed. ~12yr old Kobalt It's really good quality and has held up, but I need more room. Natural move would be a new/bigger box but with her car, my truck, motorcycle, lawn mower etc.... Just is not workable. Been looking for a reasonable solution for a while, stumbled upon this:

30" Horror Freight service cart w/drawer; turns out dimensions are REALLY close to my box. The drawer is a separate assembly; bolted to the bottom of the top tray. So The cart sans drawer now lives in the basement workshop and I've expanded my box (Plus a HF svc. cart shelf)

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

Last edited:
Back