New tool thread

I once needed a stubby 18mm flare wrench. The Snap On man pulled in, I got on the truck, bought a double ended wrench, walked back into the shop and chopped it in half with the chopsaw. He actually came inside because he heard the sound of the wheel cutting the wrench and had to see for himself that I really did it.

I guess this counts as a tool. Holy cow it's huge.
20221028_085653.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I couldn’t live with myself if I modified a tool. I’d just buy the open ended wrench lol. Or if you need a lighter shorter one than a stubby haha. That would drive my OCD up the wall even seeing a modified tool haha. I love all my tools way too much to chop them up. You could of at least got a crappy wrench though 😂. Tekton is really good. Perhaps a Horror Freight one would do lol. But they don’t sell individuals.
When the tool you need to do a job doesnt exist you make it. Have a drawer full of wrenches cut and welded or otherwise modified to get into some impossible spot. You do what you have to do in this industry

Numbered socket tray to replace an old blank one. Won't have to reach 2 or 3 times for a socket before I get the right size. Does anyone even make 4 1/2 mm nuts and bolts?

View attachment 123738
I'm not sure about 4.5 mm but I have a 5.5 mm to fit the intake hose bracket on my Odyssey. I haven't needed it for any other application.

I recently needed to grab a ~6.5" OD plastic cap (long story, but low torque situation). My 16" or 18" (not sure how they're spec'd) Channelocks weren't quite enough so I grabbed these 20" Doyles at HF for $30. They do measure out to have a larger capacity

Attachments

• 20221031_094356.jpg
    20221031_094356.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7
Back