New tool thread

In addition to my dozen S56 chains on clearance at TSC I got these tiny wrenches for $4.99 on clearance.

They run 5/32 thru 7/16". I've already got mini metric wrenches from both Zenith and Engineer but figured having fractional couldn't hurt
20220810_141428.jpg

Here is what I picked up today at the local flea market.
A Snap-On FV 7in 3/8" drive ratchet. Paid $15
An Indestro Super 3239 1/2" drive ratchet. Paid $3
An Indestro Super 3224 1/2" drive breaker bar that is 15" long. Paid $5

Does anyone know where I can get a spring and detent ball for the breaker bar? They are missing and the pin that holds the end on wants to fall out.
UpVKpoRl.jpg

YnCmOkEl.jpg

Fv26VR8l.jpg

F2rHrH9l.jpg

VnuOtbYl.jpg

ZrczIUll.jpg

I bought this Capri set of made in Taiwan hex metric (2-14mm) sockets at Amazon for $23 +tax. The first thing I noticed was how sturdy the plastic case feels, and how it has pin hinges instead of flex hinges, making this case much better than average. Last I heard, AutoMechanic has not broken any of his Capri bit sockets, so I am confident in the quality of the bits.

DSC01195.JPG

DSC01192.JPG

I bought this Capri set of made in Taiwan hex metric (2-14mm) sockets at Amazon for $23 +tax. The first thing I noticed was how sturdy the plastic case feels, and how it has pin hinges instead of flex hinges, making this case much better than average. Last I heard, AutoMechanic has not broken any of his Capri bit sockets, so I am confident in the quality of the bits.

View attachment 112044

View attachment 112045
Capri has really upped their game. I'm just waiting on them come out with some nicer ratchets.

View attachment 112044

View attachment 112045
They really are great bit sockets. My coworkers all have the Blue Point set that retails for $485 and it’s not worth the extra. I paid $200 for my master bit socket set which is 88 pieces torx and hex. I’ve twisted many Blue Point and Snap-on bits never a single one of these like you mentioned so I’m very happy with them. Everyone laughs at me but I laugh at them right back.

View attachment 112044

View attachment 112045
I have a couple of Capri bit sets, so far they are solid. And yes the cases are very good. Usually I throw the cheap blowmold cases out.

Had an expensive week tool wise. I saw these LN47ACF pliers on a facebook group and decided to order them. I hadn't been on the SO truck in months. Also he had these 87ACF and 312CF cutters in the 20% off bin so I grabbed one of each. Now to stay off the truck a few more months.

Also picked up a super clean ESAB Migmaster 250 off marketplace. I'm waiting on a regulator and a few odds and ends to get it up and running at the farm. No pics of it but it looks similar to this one. I test ran it at the sellers shop prior to buying it and it absolutely welds like a dream.

Attachments

• IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 21
  • ESAB Welder.jpg
    ESAB Welder.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 19
Not really new, but I bought a used Toyota Vetronix hand-held.

View attachment 88959

The last scan tool I used was an old OTC 4000e. I may need an additional cable for this one unless the CAN adapter has a "pass-thru" for non-CAN vehicles.
I had to purchase new Ni-Cd batteries for the scan tool. The originals wouldn't hold a charge for very long. I could have gone without them as the tool uses vehicle power when connected via cable. But being BITOG/OCD, I wouldn't be able to sleep. Mouser Electronics, $2.31/ea.
20220408_154712.jpg
20220812_153356.jpg

Old - New

41EFC198-F27C-462B-BADA-804C58EF75FC.jpeg

Some cutting wheels. Went to HD to buy the Milwaukee right angle grinder but they were out of the ones with the battery. So I’ll order one online. Though I need it today. I’m borrowing a Craftsman one so decided to get my own wheels because the guy only buys Dewalt wheels for his and I’m not sure how well they do. Not sure how well these do either I was looking for Diablo which I’m familiar with but apparently Lowes doesn’t sell them. These get high ratings so hopefully will do well and if they do when mine comes in I’ll use them on this. I’ll need the tool in the future too when we do more exhaust work. Exhaust work on a semi isn’t too bad but the clamps bolts break off so the clamp stays stuck on. That’s why we need this. Can’t get in with a hacksaw and would be there all day with that thing lol. Thought about getting a different brand cutting tool but I’m team red all the way and not sure how other power tool brands are these days.

I've never found a Norton abrasive that impressed me from cutting discs to 14" chop saw wheels to 6x48 sanding belts. I don't understand how they stay in business, it's all horrible.

Sait/United Abrasives is of course good. I've got some Mercer Zspeed grinding wheels that absolutely impress me every time I use them, but I honestly don't know if Mercer offers cutoff wheels

Either way, friends don't let friends buy abrasives from Home Depot. Visit your LWS, even if that means Airgas (ugh)

Had an expensive week tool wise. I saw these LN47ACF pliers on a facebook group and decided to order them. I hadn't been on the SO truck in months. Also he had these 87ACF and 312CF cutters in the 20% off bin so I grabbed one of each. Now to stay off the truck a few more months.

Also picked up a super clean ESAB Migmaster 250 off marketplace. I'm waiting on a regulator and a few odds and ends to get it up and running at the farm. No pics of it but it looks similar to this one. I test ran it at the sellers shop prior to buying it and it absolutely welds like a dream.
I would like to get a set of the LN47ACF pliers but the only place I see them for sale are on Ebay for some crazy prices. Nice scores you got.

Back