New tool thread

Glad you like those screwdrivers. And yeah I would have to buy lug nuts for my truck and my son's truck. I guess I'll just suck it up and buy it before the next tire rotations. I do have that 21.5 mm socket on a breaker bar in case we have a flat tire.
If you're willing to go 21mm you can get Dorman blister packs on the floor at O'Reilly for $10/4. They don't claim to fit these Rams (I think due to length, they're almost too short for alloys and would almost surely be too short for steelies), but they do.

I wanted to stay with the OEM 22mm, plus the McGards have a nicer chrome finish but plenty of complaints of the McGards rusting in rust-prone areas.

View attachment 110415
Well I guess since everyone is concerned I’ll post this lol. My first genuine Stihl tool with my first new Stihl purchase haha. Apparently they like T27 so it came with this. Finally got a good weed eater. So basically two new tools I guess you could say if you consider a weed eater a tool lol. So much better than the Milwaukee. I’m sorry to say that but it is. View attachment 110416
When it comes to chainsaws, string trimmers, etc…, STIHL is the way to go in my book. My trusty old FS85 is a beast that will eat anything that it’s put into. 👍🍻

I finally procured a VCR to watch the training video that came with my vintage OTC scan tool
It's fascinating to see how the job was done before I was born 🤣
I'm assuming the cars and presenters in the video have long since retired ©1993 👴
View attachment 110496
View attachment 110497
View attachment 110498
Now to go buy me some obscure late 80s American iron, and fix on it 🔧
Or I could just wrench on the G Body that's on the driveway now 🤷‍♂️
What is this VCR device you speak of? 🤣🤣🤣

Lisle Heavy Duty Pedal Depressor. Paid $35 at Amazon

DSC01176.JPG

DSC01178.JPG

1F526445-D655-46BB-B362-E2234E7E9E57.jpeg

Snap-on Tuesday today. He wasn’t able to make it yesterday. Turbo Sockets SAE and metric. I’ve had to borrow these several times from a coworker so needed to get my own. He doesn’t care that I borrow them but after awhile we all wear out our welcome lol. Purchased a SGD10BG screwdriver well pry bar I should say lol. Another one I’ve had to borrow a lot it’s a great pry bar. I didn’t particularly want green but it’s what he had and I don’t feel like waiting lol. But now I can officially say I have the three main colors of instinct handles lol. My coworker has the high-viz one and it’s very nice looking and I say that but I hate yellow lol. Wish they made a hard handled version of this. I had actually never seen this size till he got his set then I borrowed it probably more than he has used it lol. Seen this one on the truck after he pointed it out to me. I wanted my own anyway and had told him I wanted one if he seen one. Haven’t gotten my orange soft grip roto head ratchet yet should be in Friday hopefully.

First time I have heard of Turbo Socket. After a little research I discover that Turbo Socket and Rocket Socket are manufactured and owned by Hudson Bearings.

First time I have heard of Turbo Socket. After a little research I discover that Turbo Socket and Rocket Socket are manufactured and owned by Hudson Bearings.

See post #8 here from @Trav

You appear in post #12

Then you made me spend $ in Post #13 :D

B5C77BB7-E5F2-4193-84F2-966C5E888C98.jpeg

Matco Wednesday today. Had to make an excuse to go on the truck lol. Needed to get one of my 3/8 locking flex heads warrantied as the pawl snapped inside of it when I was tightening something. Funny thing is he was rebuilding it and the kit he got also had a broken pawl in it. So luckily he had another one with no issues. Needed another set of needle nose pliers for my cart. I don’t have any in my cart just my box. So I got the Matco in green. Not a fan of green but this green is definitely better than the Snap-on green lol. 3 more pairs of socks as that’s what he had. And something I’ve needed for awhile thin wrenches which are life savers. The district manager has been coming with the Matco guy since he started and he kept making remarks of how I should not expect warranty on stuff I didn’t buy new originally or that I didn’t buy from this guy. The dealer stepped in and said no I want business so I’ll warranty anything covered under warranty no matter what or where it came from.

Back