New tool thread

Is Matco priced similarly to Snap-on ?

Is this you first pair of bamboo socks?
It really depends on what it is. Pliers are about a $10 difference for their brand. The Knipex are pretty much the same price. Ratchets similar prices. Wrenches a lot cheaper. Screwdrivers not sure of the difference. Other stuff not sure. No this is my 3-5 pairs of bamboo socks. I like them they aren’t as thick or comfortable as the Snap-on but still pretty comfortable. Definitely more odor resistant than the Snap-on though.

46113F25-61D1-4A13-88CE-832B485CE9C3.jpeg
3918C37F-4B3D-44EF-8F9A-2628A86E1DF3.jpeg

Love those Hazet wrenches!

35901231-A212-4DDA-AB99-386FFADFF1A0.jpeg

01FDB71C-C959-4943-9730-2091DF260E4B.jpeg

A single drill bit lol. Have to put up some blinds for mom and it calls for this size. Don’t trust my bits that I have at home which is mostly Warrior from HF. Considering I had to drill out two Warrior bits out of license plate screw holes yesterday for a coworker lol. Good thing is my Matco bits will drill right through the others. I might end up buying a full set of Milwaukee bits for home but I want to find me a car first as that’s what I’m saving all my extra money for.

Buying bits piecemeal at HD will break you, and the quality isn't as awesome as Milwaukee would want you to believe.

Quality cutting tools are sourced through machine shop supplies like MSC, and all you need is not-Chinese HSS. Don't worry about oooh-shiny coatings -- basic black oxide is great and a bit more affordable

NOW to be fair the last time I bought a "set" of drill bits was when I was in school. Machine shops buy each size by the dozen or half-dozen and fill Huot drill indexes which live on the bench.

Also for a great deal of automotive work screw machine (short) drill bits are your friend!! Even in my mills and lathes I run screw machine bits unless I need to drill deeper than a couple inches

I borrowed this from a friend and decided I needed one.

41rts1MaMgL._AC_.jpg

ENGINEER PZ-60 Screw Removal Pliers

Engineer manufactures 11 different screw removal pliers.

Engineer manufactures 11 different screw removal pliers.

Yes, I have a few of their other pliers, but nothing from them in needle nose.

Back