New tool thread

View attachment 113315
Milwaukee M18 Fuel grinder. Really needed this last weekend to fix the exhaust on dads truck. Will have to do the other side eventually so will need it again. Also have to cut a mirror bracket off with it since it’s very rusty so I’m definitely going to use it. I ordered the tool and battery combo so I didn’t pay for the battery separately as that would of been crazy expensive but I didn’t expect it to come packaged separately. Still very happy with the purchase. Another great Milwaukee tool though I do like the design of some others better but it’s best to have the best of the best.
Not what you want to hear but the newer 2900-series is more powerful, albeit a bit larger.

MaxTool is offering at $250 right now with a free 6.0 which is actually a huge step up from the old 5.0's with 18650 cells

edit: they also have the 2981 slide switch with same deal. I like paddles but Milwaukee screwed them up on the 2780 so they lost my trust in their ability to build a convenient, intuitive paddle switch on a battery powered grinder. I can't tell if they updated the paddle on your 2880 and I also don't know if the 2980 paddle got better.

I've never found a Norton abrasive that impressed me from cutting discs to 14" chop saw wheels to 6x48 sanding belts. I don't understand how they stay in business, it's all horrible.

Sait/United Abrasives is of course good. I've got some Mercer Zspeed grinding wheels that absolutely impress me every time I use them, but I honestly don't know if Mercer offers cutoff wheels...
Mercer does have cut off wheels:

View attachment 113315
Milwaukee M18 Fuel grinder. Really needed this last weekend to fix the exhaust on dads truck. Will have to do the other side eventually so will need it again. Also have to cut a mirror bracket off with it since it’s very rusty so I’m definitely going to use it. I ordered the tool and battery combo so I didn’t pay for the battery separately as that would of been crazy expensive but I didn’t expect it to come packaged separately. Still very happy with the purchase. Another great Milwaukee tool though I do like the design of some others better but it’s best to have the best of the best.
You'll love this.

Got this made in USA Hyper Tough (Wilde) gasket scraper. Very nice for $7.38 + tax.
PXL_20220820_191851653.NIGHT.jpg

The angle grinder and sawzall are tools that I still prefer corded by a long shot. I have a few Makita, Bosch and my old Milwaukee grinders (the real one made in USA) that could use a new cord, all use a paddle.
I don't believe for a min that the cordless has the same power as an 11 amp and bigger corded for more than a very short time. Not knocking the cordless but I rarely use them for light stuff, most of what I use them on is heavier than exhaust or thin sheet metal.

The angle grinder and sawzall are tools that I still prefer corded by a long shot. I have a few Makita, Bosch and my old Milwaukee grinders (the real one made in USA) that could use a new cord, all use a paddle.
I don't believe for a min that the cordless has the same power as an 11 amp and bigger corded for more than a very short time. Not knocking the cordless but I rarely use them for light stuff, most of what I use them on is heavier than exhaust or thin sheet metal.
Battery Sawzalls have kicked posterior for a decade +. For whatever reason it's seemingly not difficult to get big power out of cordless reciprocating saws.

Grinders are very different and I agree corded is the only way to fly for heavier use. Still, if I'm working around something like a trailer and just need to cut off a stake pocket here and remove some paint for a ground there, the lack of a nightmare of cords all over my shop floor and over/under the trailer is MUCH appreciated.

edit: they're absolutely exaggerating and best-casing the numbers for cordless grinder "equivalency"

Also, corded grinders are downright scary if they get away from the operator, which is the whole point of a deadman switch.

Battery powered -- despite claims of 13A 110V power -- are FAR less of a problem because they're far easier to stall and the modern electronics simply shut off unlike that corded wire cup brush that twisted up in my shirt and then the corded grinder just kept groaning and SMOKING . Thus slide switches on a battery grinder are not something I consider a safety issue.

Also, corded grinders are downright scary if they get away from the operator
Safety clutches and anti-kickback are available on premium corded grinders such as Metabo

....Almost all our compact models use a mechanical S-automatic safety clutch - a proven standard since 1966 - which decouples the motor without a time delay when the disc jams. With this feature, we offer the most reliable anti-kick-back system on the market which reduces kickbacks to an absolute minimum. We also offer our angle grinders from 1,250 to 1,700 watt with a combination of paddle switch and dead man function and patented mechnical disc brakes: The fastest brake system on the market offers the best user protection and stops the disc after the tool switches off in less than two seconds, even if the power is cut...

I got a 24" Stahlwille breaker bar to replace my cheap Pittsburgh one. It's really sturdy and the forks are much larger than any other half inch drive breaker bar that I've seen. The comfort grip feels solid but grippy at the same time. I broke loose a nut that was torqued to 250 ft lb. There was some deflection but not as much as what I'm used to with a cheap breaker bar.
PXL_20220823_182753432.NIGHT.jpg

Pittsburgh on the top and Stahlwille on the bottom.

PXL_20220823_183153035.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220823_183124765.NIGHT.jpg

I got a 24" Stahlwille breaker bar to replace my cheap Pittsburgh one. It's really sturdy and the forks are much larger than any other half inch drive breaker bar that I've seen. The comfort grip feels solid but grippy at the same time. I broke loose a nut that was torqued to 250 ft lb. There was some deflection but not as much as what I'm used to with a cheap breaker bar.
View attachment 113793

Pittsburgh on the top and Stahlwille on the bottom.

View attachment 113795
View attachment 113794
Nice pics, good perspective!

E4D08753-E2DB-48E7-BF43-1A542EE9180D.jpeg
36242B80-D45C-4FD1-824E-3484E8AF254C.jpeg
D5A1A967-2CCA-4999-9BDE-36692845F833.jpeg

Here is my arrivals from Thursday. Kept forgetting to take pictures lol. Finally more pocket pry bars but unfortunately sold out of black lol. So I got a bent orange to go with my straight orange and then a set of green. You don’t realize how handy these things are until you get them. My Matco dealer won’t sell the Matco ones cause the shafts come out of the handle and Matco won’t fix the issue. Then two 1/2 drive ratchets. Both with black hard handles. He had a dark titanium in the larger one but I didn’t see it till I got this one lol 😂. Both have been used already especially the longer one it’s the perfect size 1/2 ratchet.

Back