New Tacoma!

Because they are linked back to the computer and with the new one putting out more power it puts a lot of strain on the computer. I never had to replace any under warranty that I remember usually in Toyota they last forever though I’ve had to tell people why it’s important to replace all of them. And I read online on some reputable sources you should replace all for that reason.
The only way a coil could damage the computer is if it shorts out in such a way to send the spark energy back up to the computer. Otherwise the coil is only consuming whatever energy the computer sends it, it can’t draw more.

Oh when you have to replace the entire system you have to program it. Usually the whole system is what goes.

That would be no different from a physical key with a fob as part of it though where a handshake is required to trigger a start. The button is just a momentary switch serving the same function as the tumbler you put the key into in most modern vehicles. F-150's with a key for example, you just rotate the key forward and that triggers "start", you don't need to hold the key, so it operates the same as a button.

Same here. White has always been my fave color because it never fades or peels and always stays white. I always loved my Pearl White cars!!

I don't know about that. I've seen tons of mainly GM vehicles, with their white paint peeling off in sheets.

I don't know about that. I've seen tons of mainly GM vehicles, with their white paint peeling off in sheets.
Tons of !!! Sheets !!! Really … like what and when …
Strange how long term owners don’t experience the stuff posted here …

Hmm, and here I thought we'd be having a debate about the ancient design and build of the Tacoma, but here we are arguing about start buttons. :LOL:
Us 2nd gen guys gave you our frames, drum brakes and non locking fuel lids. Try to be a little more appreciative ya ungrateful bastid

Tons of !!! Sheets !!! Really … like what and when …
Strange how long term owners don’t experience the stuff posted here …

I'm talking about historically. Are you trying to say that lots of vehicles, particularly GM, DIDN'T have peeling paint? GM eventually acknowledged the problem, and even repainted lots of vehicles for that very issue. White vehicles included. Do a little searching if you don't believe me.

Hopefully they are doing a better job today.

So I did some searching myself, and came across lots of complaints about late model GM paint peeling too.

I also found a recall for white Toyota paint peeling.

Last edited:
Congrats. I did a rental review write up on a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4WD a few months ago. The engine is very lacking in mid range power. Speeds north of 70mph and that engine/transmission combination was not happy.

Overall I like the Tacoma. I also mentioned that Tacoma owners seem to be very loyalty to the truck and they continue buying newer generations. Your photo reaffirmed my belief. The TRD Off Road package is a good looking package.

Thanks folks! I do want to add that Toyota seemed to address the weird sitting position. This 2021 is a whole lot better than the 2019 I test drove a while back, and a whole lot more comfortable than my 2009.
Eh, they added a power driver seat for 2020. It may have helped a little, but it’s still an awkward seating angle.

Those latest gen Tacomas are sweet! Love that white! It's crazy how many of them are driving around my area. It's like ISIS caravans without the black ISIS flags. Just white Toyotas as far as the eye can see!

Looking forward to one day snagging one up for a decent price if the used market gets too saturated with them.

Those latest gen Tacomas are sweet! Love that white! It's crazy how many of them are driving around my area. It's like ISIS caravans without the black ISIS flags. Just white Toyotas as far as the eye can see!

Looking forward to one day snagging one up for a decent price if the used market gets too saturated with them.
Surely you’re not that insensitive.

Back