New Tacoma!

So, my second thread in here in less than a week, hmm. Anyways, I was about a month out from doing anything as far as truck shopping. Local dealer I've used had something that peaked my interest so I decided to stop by to check it out. Luck would have it, it was sold late yesterday. However they had this one that peaked my interest. Couple hours later it's in my driveway. Say hello to my 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4!

New vs old:

qSLSVoa.jpg

IdtQXU6.jpg

eIGSuPE.jpg

QFphmmz.jpg

And for funs sake, a picture they took of me for their FB page.

ouM4Opv.jpg

Some people have complained about the power compared to the 2nd gens. While the power peaks a little differently it's adequate. The transmission shifting is a little goofy, but I'll get used to it. Still leaps better than the worn out 5 speed auto that was in my old truck. The ride is leaps beyond my old Tacoma, mostly due to the old one was all original at 146K. Overall happy with it.

Before you ask, the Toyota Tacoma tax is real, the only discount was the $1K Toyota cash back and a discount on the GAP, but that's it. But, it's a truck I like. I know I could have bought a full size domestic for the same or less, but I don't need or want a full size.

So, my second thread in here in less than a week, hmm. Anyways, I was about a month out from doing anything as far as truck shopping. Local dealer I've used had something that peaked my interest so I decided to stop by to check it out. Luck would have it, it was sold late yesterday. However they had this one that peaked my interest. Couple hours later it's in my driveway. Say hello to my 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4!

New vs old:

qSLSVoa.jpg

IdtQXU6.jpg

eIGSuPE.jpg

QFphmmz.jpg

And for funs sake, a picture they took of me for their FB page.

ouM4Opv.jpg

Some people have complained about the power compared to the 2nd gens. While the power peaks a little differently it's adequate. The transmission shifting is a little goofy, but I'll get used to it. Still leaps better than the worn out 5 speed auto that was in my old truck. The ride is leaps beyond my old Tacoma, mostly due to the old one was all original at 146K. Overall happy with it.

Before you ask, the Toyota Tacoma tax is real, the only discount was the $1K Toyota cash back and a discount on the GAP, but that's it. But, it's a truck I like. I know I could have bought a full size domestic for the same or less, but I don't need or want a full size.
You know where to post up next. ;)

Delta

Thanks folks! I do want to add that Toyota seemed to address the weird sitting position. This 2021 is a whole lot better than the 2019 I test drove a while back, and a whole lot more comfortable than my 2009.

CKN

I will be looking at the new redesign Tundra when it comes out. But it depends on how much the "Toyota Tax" is.....

I am assuming you got a decent trade in on your previous truck-I mean the "tax" should work both ways.

Congrats on the new truck.

Nice truck. I like a white color vehicle.

Now is the time to get it sprayed with your favorite rust treatment oil spray. I see snow in your pictures and where there is snow they is likely salt.

AutoMechanic

Site Donor 2022
I’d definitely have kept the 2009 lol but Tacoma sales have boomed this year they can’t keep them in stock at the dealership I used to work at they have had most bought right off the truck. Please tell me it has a real key if not I’m so sorry for you.

Nice truck. I like a white color vehicle.

Now is the time to get it sprayed with your favorite rust treatment oil spray. I see snow in your pictures and where there is snow they is likely salt.
Same here. White has always been my fave color because it never fades or peels and always stays white. I always loved my Pearl White cars!!

AutoMechanic

Site Donor 2022
I expect if you made a poll here you'd be surprised as to the number of people that prefer the fob. I'm one of those people, and I expect so is the person you responded to.
I don’t mind fobs as long as it doesn’t sub as the key to start the vehicle with the fobs to unlock the doors are ok.