New mobil 1 extended performance pds

Viscosity has been lowered on the ESP formulas also.

12.1 @ 100c to 11.8 @ 100c for the 5w30.

GZOHuUA.png

xnZV1q1.png

I would personally prefer increased price and the same product. They already have cheaper product called AFE. But obviously their marketing figured out that the oil wont sell if price is increased, that’s understandable
Yup - my last $15 jug of Mobil 1 AP is in our IS300 now … think they started trying to get $49 a jug …
AFE SP is in the new Tahoe …

I plan to mix 1 qt of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 with 5 qt Mobil 1 EP 5W-30. Purolator Boss Oil filter. 2017 Impala Premier next oil change after running Pennzoil Platinum currently. Thoughts?

I plan to mix 1 qt of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 with 5 qt Mobil 1 EP 5W-30. Purolator Boss Oil filter. 2017 Impala Premier next oil change after running Pennzoil Platinum currently. Thoughts?
Won't hurt but I prefer one chemistry in the sump.

Reactions: pbm
Mixing questions and threads are all over Bitog. There is no danger in mixing two oils with an API license or ones that have otherwise passed ASTM D6922 since this guarantees miscibility. However, it does not guarantee that the resulting mixture will meet any of the requirements for any license, specification nor approval either of the original oils may have held. Your choice of oil filter is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Mixing questions and threads are all over Bitog. There is no danger in mixing two oils with an API license or ones that have otherwise passed ASTM D6922 since this guarantees miscibility. However, it does not guarantee that the resulting mixture will meet any of the requirements for any license, specification nor approval either of the original oils may have held. Your choice of oil filter is irrelevant.
The filter is irrelevant? Please explain.

The filter is irrelevant? Please explain.
Yes in the context of whether oils can be safely mixed. I could not figure out why you posted that with your mixing question.

If you had a question about the oil and the filter and “how well it will work” then that’s better addressed in a new thread.

Back