Valvoline Extended Protection Full Synthetic vs. Mobil 1 Extended Performance

I think you're right. It was something like that with the bearings and my 2014 VT doesn't seem to be one of the problem cars. What you described about the crank bearings makes me feel a lot better.

You think Mobil 1 or Valvoline will have any better effect on that valve coking? At this point it sounds like it's a 6 to one, half a dozen to the other kind of preference. All high quality oils seem to pretty close anymore.
Regarding valve coking — I don’t know which would be better, but Mobil1 does seem to do some extensive testing...I imagine Castrol does too. Who knows? Engine design...PCV valve system, dual fuel systems, I think play a big part in it.

Bingo......just look at that same engine in other parts of the world that have a similar climate......its not a 20 weight that's reccomend anymore.
So if I ran something heavier than 0W20 M1 EP in my 2006 Focus that has 280K and uses no measurable amount of oil, I would just get worse mileage? How could a heavier oil have been any better?

So if I ran something heavier than 0W20 M1 EP in my 2006 Focus that has 280K and uses no measurable amount of oil, I would just get worse mileage? How could a heavier oil have been any better?
Hths......possibly less bearing wear. Depending on your driving patterns.
A 0w-30, you probably won't even notice a difference in your MPG's.

Last edited:
If I used either one, I'd pick Valvoline. I ran it before switching to Amsoil.
Was a great choice for my old Ford Pickup.
However, Amsoil makes my engine run smoother and quieter.
No placebo effect. Period.
Ok, Amsoil haters, get me!
I can take it. Hahaha

If I used either one, I'd pick Valvoline. I ran it before switching to Amsoil.
Was a great choice for my old Ford Pickup.
However, Amsoil makes my engine run smoother and quieter.
No placebo effect. Period.
Ok, Amsoil haters, get me!
I can take it. Hahaha
Can you please stop with the phantom "Amsoil haters" nonsense?

You keep saying it over and over, and all you're trying to do is to incite criticism by your comments. That's called trolling.

Back