New M1 EP labels ("Triple Action Formula")

I hate when they use all these high-tech sciencey words and concepts.
They should just stick with the star system for labeling.

So I spoke with someone today at Mobil and this is a new formulation that was in development for several years. It's not just a label change. FYI.
Did they happen to say any details about the triple action formula and what it contains?

Did they happen to say any details about the triple action formula and what it contains?
Unfortunately, no they did not and I wouldn't expect them to. There was a patent from 2019 that showed a formulation based on significant amounts of AN's. Maybe it's that? 🤷‍♂️

Years ago, I coined the phrase Mobil 2 when I gave my 10K used M1 oil to a fellow worker who drove a 25-year-old Chevy to work. He had slow engine cranking in subzero temps along with lifter clatter. I told him to try M1, but the expense was too much for his beater car. Joking, I said do you want some of my 10K Mobil 2 I had not disposed of. He excepted and for another 4 years when he ran low on M2 he would ask if I had any 10K oil for him. Bottom Line: Engine cranking was much faster, and all lifter clatter stopped.
That's what my brother's oil junkie '01 Accord gets-Mobil 2, Magnatec 2, RGT 2, any NextGen 10W40 laying around. It's a real #2!

It’s super confusing depending on how you enter the website. There’s the 0W-40 FS and also a 0W-40 triple action which is different but carries most of the same approvals except BMW LL-01 which the FS got back, and it’s also API SP, so it’s not just the old FS formula from when it was SN and lost LL-01.

It’s super confusing depending on how you enter the website. There’s the 0W-40 FS and also a 0W-40 triple action which is different but carries most of the same approvals except BMW LL-01 which the FS got back, and it’s also API SP, so it’s not just the old FS formula from when it was SN and lost LL-01.
Their website is a mess IMO. It used to be great but it's now pretty bad.

Why is this on the front page for an oil site?

"Yeah man! This Mobil 1 is so fun it makes me laugh!! Good times bro!"

1681233327069.png

M1 FS 0W-40 burns a little in one of my cars with 130K miles. Not sure what's going on! After 6K miles, it was halfway between L and F. I think that's a little over half a qt.

Other oils that I've tried many times in this car without burning ANY oil:
- Kirkland Syn 5W-30. Bought a bunch more recently on sale at Costco.
- Havoline Syn PRO-DS 5W-30.
Was busy and it went almost 9K miles without burning any. I typically change between 6-7K miles these days. Poor engine suffered a little going 9K.
- Castrol GTX full Syn 10W-30
- LOTS of M1 EP Syn 10-30 which is my favorite oil for most my cars.

Castrol Euro 0W-40 was also ok in this car but I used it only once or twice. Seems like not all 0's with similar Noack behave the same ... With the temperatures in our area, 10W is all that's needed and I'm done using 0W in ANY car unless there is a big sale and it's not a 0W-20.

My Tundra didn't burn any oil with factory 0W-20 but hasn't seen a 0 or a 20 since. Currently running Valvoline EP 5W-30 and it runs smooooth in that v8. Not going to say moly but you know. lol

Triple action? tri synthetic? Pathetic!!!!

When will they up the ante and offer a quadruple action oil?

I'll just wait for the Centuple action oil!!! You guys don't have a high enough standard.

Some of the recent VOA's on the russian oil club don't show AN's in some grades. I wonder if this chemistry is making it's way into all the Triple Action formulations?

"Mobil 1 has developed a breakthrough engine oil in collaboration with Honda Research and Development and Red Bull Racing Honda. The result of a multi-year research program to improve on the high standards set by the current Mobil 1 used by the Red Bull Racing Honda team.

ExxonMobil evaluated non-traditional lubricant components in pursuit of break-through performance. As an example, materials from the cosmetics industry were incorporated to enhance the product’s protective properties. The complex formulation is a careful balance of materials each designed to deliver specific performance benefits including more than 25% bio-sourced content and low ash additive chemistry."

Back