New M1 EP labels ("Triple Action Formula")

wemay

Site Donor 2023
16477742082708343706765912783183.jpg
16477742323913526882833884248270.jpg

I believe that all/most higher end line of a/any brands synthetic oil make these claims...and even more advantages. Even SuperTech shows on their back label the advantages of moving to higher end oil(s) across the lineup.

Disclaimer! I'm not comparing ST to M1. :)

I don't see the Dexos label on there like it used to be. I wonder if they have decided not to have it for Mobil 1 and only use it on the lower-tiered Mobil products?

I have two jugs of Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30. Neither have the Triple Action Formula labeling. Both have the Dexos logo and both are GF6A and SN Plus rated. Maybe they are just using up the old packaging first for that weight and then will claim it is "new and improved" ?

I don't see the Dexos label on there like it used to be. I wonder if they have decided not to have it for Mobil 1 and only use it on the lower-tiered Mobil products?
The Dexos label is usually applied to only 0W-20 and 5W-30. Some 5W-20 have it but I have never seen a 10W-30 have the label. It's been posted what the reasons are for this but I forget.

Looks like a resurrection of the old "Tri-Synthetic" formula. I'm still holding out for Mobil 2!
Maybe mobil start using more Poa AN and ester then before because all cailm triple actions similar to group 4 and group 5 oil base so maybe little

I would run M1 EP 10W-30 in ANY car even the fussy European engines!
It probably can pass bunch of these European standards and then some.
Buy it now while supplies last :alien:

btw, I use it in 2 cars and never have to add a drop of oil between oil changes. Stays at F the entire time!

I should add that I don't go over 6500-7500 miles with M1 EP but the price is right even for 7000 miles. So when I said it doesn't burn any oil, I am never anywhere near the 20K mikes.

Sorry, I don't trust ANY oil to 20,000 miles. That could be tar city territory for the poor engine.
Interesting to see a uoa of a 20K black ink.

I should add that I don't go over 6500-7500 miles with M1 EP but the price is right even for 7000 miles. So when I said it doesn't burn any oil, I am never anywhere near the 20K mikes.

Sorry, I don't trust ANY oil to 20,000 miles. That could be tar city territory for the poor engine.
Interesting to see a uoa of a 20K black ink.

I've seem to recall a 21,000+ mi UOA of M1 EP in the UOA Section. As best I recall the oil still had around 3.4 TBN but he had like a 180 mile round trip daily highway commute and put the miles on in around 4 months. I seem to recall 1 qt of add oil about 3,000 mi before the end of the run. Don't hold me to the exact numbers but I think they are close. I really need to start bookmarking this stuff.

Honestly any SP GF-6 oil would likely have lasted 10,000+ mi in that application in that engine.

Back