NEW KIA BORREGO V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now have about 900 miles on it. I want to go to Pennzoil Platinum synthetic. I'm about ready to drain the factory oil. Should I go to PP now or do a oil and filter change with PYB first?

thanks for your responses.

lonestar60

Nice vehicle!

Make sure you FOLLOW the manual to the letter. They have a excellent warranty and Hyundai is known to make sure you HAVE followed the manual.

Personally I'd take the factory fill out to 2000, then a 3k OCI of PYB and then follow the manual (and see if you are severe service) with ANY API rated oil.

PP is not needed in that engine if you are following the manual. If you want to run it then put in it once you have 5k on the rig.

Enjoy the new ride!

Bill

Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Do a PYB first for a shorter interval and then use PP for a more extended interval

you want to stick with the recommended OCI since you have a 10/100k warranty

Originally Posted By: lonestar60
I now have about 900 miles on it. I want to go to Pennzoil Platinum synthetic. I'm about ready to drain the factory oil. Should I go to PP now or do a oil and filter change with PYB first?

thanks for your responses.

lonestar60

Swap out any time you are ready. There is no need to run dino any longer. Your engine would be fine if it came with PP as FF. As others have said follow the mfg's OCI schedule( you could do the severe schedule with synthetic, if they offer one, to use it as long as possible ). PP is a good choice.

I had a 2004 Sonata with the V6, bought new, and the paperwork about the required maintenance interval made mention of some exotic oil additive they put in the refill at the dealer. I thought it was weird to have a OEM using an oil additive. I don't know if that same stuff was in the factory fill, or if it was just part of the dealer service schedule.

That being said, I did a change at 300 miles to PYB, then a 1500 mi OCI on a blend (I forget, maybe Syntec Blend), then finally M1 (spec weight 10w30).

I did the 'hard-core motor break-in technique' so I felt like getting all the bits out early was the thing to do, hence the ultra short first OCI.

That motor ran great last I had the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back